Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

1324142720[/url]' post='1551972']

Hehe. Thanks HC. My "supplier" said he has a wooden track disc type rim which he has no use for. He'll try and bring it to the office on Monday since he is immigrating soon. Will post it and see if there are any takers since it is not something I have any interest in and and I would like to see that all his old stuff end up in a loving home.

me, me ,me....i wouldnt mind a wouldnt wheel.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome score RB. Those Delta calipers are major collector's items. But please get rid of all the *** like the TT bars and the bad, thick bar tape (Fizik make a nice thin, perforated tape that's pretty period. White, in my opinion, is obligatory as long as it's cleaned often.)

retro bikes are cool and hard to find these days. some are also pricy.

thanks for sharing cool pictures! i love retro bikes :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, time to update. This is how things currently stand in my garage/lounge. Trying hard to convince myself (as is my GF) that I don't need another bike.

The SS: Gios Compact Plus. I really feel this deserves a C-record build, but I'm broke at the moment so that'll have to wait. Really love this bike. Super responsive and snappy to ride and gorgeous to look at as well.

post-988-0-46328800-1326273918.jpg

The roadie: Colnago Master Olympic with Campy 10spd Chorus, with one or two Centaur bits. Couldn't believe how responsive this thing was vs my previous steel bike when I first got out the saddle up a climb. Beautiful.

post-988-0-12173700-1326274116.jpg

The fixie: Pogliaghi Pista. Genuinely love this bike. It is without question the most beautiful bike I've ever owned. Actually, I think it's the most beautiful bike I've ever seen, but I'm probably biased. Sadly in for repairs now due to a crack in the top headtube lug. Not sure what I'm going to do with the finish as I've been advised not to have it rechromed.

post-988-0-99205300-1326274304.jpg

Here is my Eddy Merckx MX Leader restoration that has just been finished.

Frame resprayed, new decals, old chrome cleaned up.

Full Campy C record group with Cobalto calipers.

(Heartcoppi you might recall this frame... :)

post-7316-0-71472100-1326306830.jpg

post-7316-0-71221600-1326306850.jpg

This is my latest build:

Eddy Merckx Corsa 01 (55 x55)

Campagnolo Chorus 11 speed Compact Crankset (2012)

Campagnolo Record Seatpost

Specialized Romin Expert Saddle

3ttt Evol Stem (100mm)

3ttt TDF bend bars 42cm

Fizik Microtex Tape

Campagnolo White Hoods

King Cage Bottle cages

Wheels - Record Hubs laced to Mavic open Pros with Conti GP4000s.

I think that it.

This baby rides beautifully and weighs in just under the 9kg mark. Not light but then again most riders should lose 2kgs and save themselves $$$$.

Enjoy

post-1678-0-96034200-1326668376.jpg

post-1678-0-23455700-1326668458.jpg

post-1678-0-02280000-1326668722.jpg

Returned for another eyeful of the Merckx.

Definitely a very classy selection of 3ttt Evo stem and the beautiful 3ttt bar setup. I think its the classic deep shape of the drops that is just so correct.

Where can one buy a new Evo stem (100mm) and new bars (preferably Competizione Gimondi bend 44 or 46)?

Thanks for the nice comments. ;)

The stem is from here:

http://defietsenmaker.nl/index.php?item=3ttt-evol-2002-hinged-model-quill-stem&action=article&aid=14&lang=EN

And check out his bars here.

http://defietsenmaker.nl/index.php?item=&action=page&group_id=10000003&lang=EN

The bars on my bike are from Planet X as they are TDF bend (Tour de France) its a little shallower than the Merckx and Gimmondi but still has a traditional bend.

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/HB3TERPWTDF/3ttt_ergo_power_tdf_handlebar

If your gonna run ergos you must buy the double cable groove version know as the ergo.

Hope this helps.

J

Does anyone have a Mavic Open 4CD rim they want to part with?

I do, if you are still interested.

Let me know.

Cheers.

b

Hi, does anyone know of anywhere that has a stash of NOs and or classic bikes/frames etc in Dbn?

I have scoured Urban Cycles clean, but need to look further afield.

i have just finished a frankensteinish build of a Panasonic Dx5000, and finally got the hang of it, so want to build a more classically gorgeous bike.

I love my bike, but want another, more beautiful one....does this make sense?

Also, i have a bunch of bits to swap and or sell.

Thanks,

b