Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

This is my latest build:

Eddy Merckx Corsa 01 (55 x55)

Campagnolo Chorus 11 speed Compact Crankset (2012)

Campagnolo Record Seatpost

Specialized Romin Expert Saddle

3ttt Evol Stem (100mm)

3ttt TDF bend bars 42cm

Fizik Microtex Tape

Campagnolo White Hoods

King Cage Bottle cages

Wheels - Record Hubs laced to Mavic open Pros with Conti GP4000s.

I think that it.

This baby rides beautifully and weighs in just under the 9kg mark. Not light but then again most riders should lose 2kgs and save themselves $$$$.

Enjoy

Nice! It inspires me to get my Corsa-01 frame (from Heartcoppi!) out of the cupboard and build it up soon (money would be helpful). I had no idea 9kg was coinsidered heavy...

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people now a days want the lightest bikes, many are riding on the 6.9kg mark. It really effects the riding quality and also the handling.

Steel bikes are a little heavier but I think after 120km or so in the saddle you start thanking the bike for being so comfortable. But then again bike's are such a personal choice.

Anything under 10kg's is light for me. I have seen some Serrotta's built up with the right parts to weigh in just over 7kg's. The best of both worlds, but then again you have to weigh up the cost of the lighter parts and if it’s actually gonna make much of a difference.

:whistling:

Again... You've done a great and detailed job on the Merckx.

I am often pretty unimpressed by the "neo-retro" builds.

Its a fine line and I am lead to believe by your masterpiece; that it is only perfectly completed with no compromise in top drawer components.

(and superb photographic documentation such as yours)

Thanks J for sharing the leads on the stem and bar.

Pleasure. Just PM me if you need any further advice on parts if you run into trouble or if you are looking for a specific part.

Using the best parts you can afford is defiantly the only way forward. Also using new or NOS (new old stock) parts are worth paying a little extra for.

I look after my bikes meticulously so most of the parts stay looking new for much longer and most people always comment on how nice my bikes look. Just wash them at least once a week and if you’re riding in the rain wash it after the ride.

HI,

Does anyone know what size bearings the crown race and headset race on an 80s Stronglight require?

Cheers,

B.

Hi all

Just putting out feelers at the moment.

I have a 1989 Bridgestone MB1 that I might have to get rid of :(, just trying to see what it might be worth.

In very good condition with all original components, not sure about the cluster tho.

Please let me know what you think. Will try post some pics tomorrow

Thanks

That Merckx is absolutely gorgeous. Where di you get that? You said it was built by someone is Australia? It really is an impressive bit of work.

Have some old school bikes / frames etc for sale in classifieds if anybody is interested....

post-7316-0-33182000-1327765629.jpg

post-7316-0-81610000-1327765653.jpg

Hey Daideron

Yes, the F.Moser is a TT frame. Missing the original fork though. Standard road fork (Colnago) shown in pic.

(Frame sold yesterday).

• 2 weeks later...

finally received the last bits, so after a year, she's ready to roll

http://i41.tinypic.com/35mp6qs.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/1zq3238.jpg

Nice Dsan, that's cvome out a real beaut - wirth the wait. I hope she rides as good as she looks.

Global warming worries me. It's snowing in Durban?