Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LeJeune relaunched? Really? Who can tell me more?

I tried to get the attention of a slightly older gentleman riding a carbon fibre Le Jeune while he was pushing his bike past us at a traffic intersection and this gentleman proceeded to ignore me flat out ... bike looked .. well just nice.

I could be wrong, but it looks like they are doing a China "bike off the shelf" with their logo on and hoping to sell off the old Le Jeune name ... ?

I could be wrong, but it looks like they are doing a China "bike off the shelf" with their logo on and hoping to sell off the old Le Jeune name ... ?

You're not at all wrong, but the guy behind the brand is still the same. The guy you saw may have been Francois Du Toit. He used to be the Pinarello importer, so I guess he feels if Pinarello can offshore their frames to China, then why cant he do the same.

LOL, just noticed, his frame is a Chinarello, maybe its an FU to Pinarello for taking the agency away from him.

Edited by javadude

Thanks eeeek. Hmmmph. Not sure about the new ones. But then I don't ride carbon, so who cares really?

No prob!

Americanising an old French classic?!... wrong on so many levels. imho

No prob!

Americanising an old French classic?!... wrong on so many levels. imho

The Le Jeunes sold in SA were by no means 'French classics'

Does any one remember the brand Vacari. Alan Van Heerden cycles in Sandton City used to stock the brand in the early 90's. Had one for a few years. Luminous yellow and dark blue colour scheme.

Does any one remember the brand Vacari. Alan Van Heerden cycles in Sandton City used to stock the brand in the early 90's. Had one for a few years. Luminous yellow and dark blue colour scheme.

I had one too, luminous pink and black. Was a locally made bike with an Italian sounding name.

The Le Jeunes sold in SA were by no means 'French classics'

Granted, but I'm pretty sure FdT is aiming to capitalise on LeJeune's (the French variety) racing heritage... can't see it too clearly on the picture, but on the top tube, just behind the head tube, there is a decal of the French flag.

Completed this project recently ... Colnago Master BiTitan - probably about 1992 vintage. Originally built up with a mix of components left over from previous bike upgrades, but have finally been able to get everything to DA7400, rolling on Wolber rims.

post-2327-0-04149200-1355912365_thumb.jpg

post-2327-0-83424600-1355912415_thumb.jpg

post-2327-0-45380800-1355912451_thumb.jpg