Bitch and moan Roadies!

Regard

Moer mekaar , ek haat vrede !!!

Bottom line, Roadies of MTB's op die openbare pad, dis die perception wat julle los by motoriste, Motoriste gee nie om of jy 'n dunwiel of dukwiel ry, hy/sy sien net 'n fiets.

So, as jy aanjaag op die pad met jou fiets, word ALLE fietsryers betrek want motoriste praat van "die verdomde astrante fietsryers"

Ek weet, want selfs ons dominee het nou die dag 'n fietsryer begrawe en van die preekstoel af gekondig dat ledemate hom gevra het om lidmate wat fietsry, te waarsku om meer pad gehoorsaam te wees.

Stry soos julle wil. Fietsryers verloor daardie gawe om logies te dink, sodra hulle poepolle onder druk van 'n fietssaal kom.

popeye2009-08-17 01:06:15

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets also moan about the taxi's, busses and 4x4 owners...they act like THEY own the road....so what we are all saying is that it is a waste of time to argue this...EVERYONE thinks they own the road....

yes lets moan,

bottomline, JY OP JOU FIETS GAAN ELKE KEER VERLOOR

en raai wat?

Jy los jou gesin met trane en hartseer, 'n vrou sonder 'n man, kinders sonder 'n pa.

In every cycling magazine there is always an army of roadies bitching and moaning about the lack of cycle specific lanes or roads ect' date=' ect. Me being mostly a mtb'r then kinda feels sorry for them. BUT........

.... this morning about 10:00 I drove down Willem Botha ave. in Centurion. This is one of the only streets I know of with a cycle specific lane. And gues what I see???:

There comes Cycle Lab PTA's sunday morning road group up the road holding up 3 or 4 cars behind them because they ride 3 or even 4 riders abreast and this include the two "marshals" in their red Team kit!!!!AngryAngry

And this on one of the only roads where there is actualy a cycle lane!!!

So:

I wil from now on not be wearing my Cycle Lab kit, in the event somebody will associate me with those peopleOuch

If I ever hear about roadies moaning about accidents, motorists that are rude ect., ect. I will certainly think twice before defending the cyclist!!

And I do not want any of Cycle Lab's boring emails telling me about "the clubs mission to make people more understanding towards cyclists and to promote road cyclists cause"ClapClapClap WHAT EVER!!!!!!!!

I truly feel that you only get the respect you earn!

TAKE THAT ROADIES!!!!

[/quote']

Just to clear something up here,you make it sound like it was a organized club ride with marshals and everything.Now as far as I know cyclelab pta does not have a sunday morning club ride(I will check on this) so this was probably just a couple of guy's doing a sunday ride together.If so then I can't see what control Cyclelab Pta has over them.

I see riders everyday from all of the different clubs in pta...riding 2,3,4 abreast and you don't see me complaning about this or that club.

yes lets moan' date='

bottomline, JY OP JOU FIETS GAAN ELKE KEER VERLOOR

en raai wat?

Jy los jou gesin met trane en hartseer, 'n vrou sonder 'n man, kinders sonder 'n pa.[/quote']

And how is that your problem? Go and moan to all the Bikers, drunk drivers etc.....

Makes me think twice about riding my roadbike..
who cares Sleepy

Did you have a bad day? seems like somebody pissed in your porage.

But the roadies are known for there stupid actions... Draghtting behind trucks' date=' riding 3 abreast on a single road. swearing at drivers when the cyclist is riding in the midle of the road talking *** to his mate...
[/quote']

What's wrong with draughting behind a truck or bus? I do it often and haven't yet heard any motorist complain.

As for this whole roadie vs mtb issue. People can complain and moan till they are blue in the face.....and nothing will change. it is in the human nature.

Humans have been waging war, killing each other etc etc for centuries with not much or no reason. So why should cyclists start riding in single file all of a sudden just because one or 2 people complain?

I have been cycling for over 23 years, and have given up on preaching to other cyslists.

When I'm out alone (or in a bunch) I stick to the rules of the road. When in a bunch I sit at the back and shout when a car approaches from behind. More than that I cannot do. If a cyclist does not want to use that info to his advantage and move over, then it's over to him/her to accept the consequences from their actions.

Another gripe of mine is cyclists who have mp3 players/ipods stuck so deep in their ears that they are oblivious to the world around them. I have given up on them too.

When I hear about a cyclist being ridden over/killed I wait for the facts to come out before criticising anybody. there are always 2 sides to every story.

I actually have a gripe with some mtbers, like when racing through single track, yes some of you may be more experienced, but how the hell is someone supposed move out of your way when there is no space on single track.. I undersand, I feel the same way when I'm stuck behind slower riders, but I don't get all anal about it.

I agree with Popeye, irrespective of the thickness of the wheel we are all branded if certain individuals break the law.  From million similar previous threads we know the law states that cyclists MUST ride single file on the road and need to obey all the road rules like stopping at robots etc??.Evil%20Smile<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

That said, the simple fact is that you will NEVER win a fight with a car irrespective of how self righteous you feel! Ouch.  You will be just as dead.

The same applies for motorcycles, were they have speed, lights and a bit more weight in there favor. You need to ride defensively and assume the car drivers don?t see you and if they do they are out to get you Wacko.

The sad truth is that during our typical early morning Saturday/Sunday rides we "typical" share the road with the sloshed sleep deprived drivers going home from all night party.  They "tend" not be to concerned about cyclist perceived rights and assumed privileges.  

PS: I ride Road and MTB.

Cliffhanger: You asked me : And how is that your problem???

So laat ek jou vertel hoe dit my raak, hoe dit ook elke ander fietsryer raak.

Jou houding is sekerlik ?n bewys van hoe jy ook op ?n openbare pad ry .

So, as jy met jou fiets die motoriste afpis, beteken dit dat daardie motoris die volgende fietsryer wat hy teekom in dieselfde lig sien.

Maar, jy is korrek, jy betaal motor lisensie ook, so ry maar met jou fiets asof jy jou regmatige spasie mag opeis

MAAR... Die pad verkeer reels is nog steeds van toepassing op jou en jou fietspopeye2009-08-17 02:36:55

But the difference is that the motorists are not so wound up that they get into a hysterical fit within 2 seconds. They give us time to move over & pass WHEN IT IS SAFE without even a comment.

And THAT my friends is the sole reason why there are so many deaths on SA roads.

The "Ek eet biltong en skree vir die bokke en ry met 'n bakkie met blou ballas op en my bike is vinniger as joune ten spyte van my pens wat die tank so blink skuur" mentality.

You need to educate and domesticate "player 23".

En ek dog Capies kan kek en kerm.......HEL dude.......

One group of cyclists ride in the middle of the road and you are popping a vain.......

you must have SERIOUS stomach ulcers or should be in a mental hospital by now just riding around and watching COUNTLESS, SENSELESS transgressions of motorists on an HOURLY basis......

Its not cyclists that is the problem.....nor is it motorists.....or bikers........its SA road user mentality!!!!

I cant wait for the day that the earth's fuel dries up......man, that is going to be fun!!!!

That fat blue ball/bull?, bakkie/BMW rider is the first guy I am going to switch on his way to the supermarket!!!ClapClapClap

Have you also noticed that every rider on the road is a cycle lab member.Well according to non cycling motorists they are. The lab has had pictures sent to them accusing them of bad riding behaviour only to find thatt the bad cyclists weren't wearing club kit...but that's ok because if they're in the vicinity of cycle lab members, they must also be club members. As a marshall, we try and "herd" our members together. Short of pushing them off the bike, there is not much you can do. "Most" marshalls will try and instil good cycling sense into members, but ultimately each cyclist is responsible for his or her own safty.

Cliffhanger: You asked me : And how is that your problem???

So laat ek jou vertel hoe dit my raak' date=' hoe dit ook elke ander fietsryer raak.

Jou houding is sekerlik ?n bewys van hoe jy ook op ?n openbare pad ry .

So, as jy met jou fiets die motoriste afpis, beteken dit dat daardie motoris die volgende fietsryer wat hy teekom in dieselfde lig sien.

Maar, jy is korrek, jy betaal motor lisensie ook, so ry maar met jou fiets asof jy jou regmatige spasie mag opeis

MAAR... Die pad verkeer reels is nog steeds van toepassing op jou en jou fiets[/quote']

So do you moan about the taxi's also? Or the some of the bikers....that ride like idiots..and then there are the old people..... this argument is stupid....let people be...I will ride the way I want to and SO will ALL the taxis and the busses etc etc

popeye for president!!! Common guys, we all know that it is frustrating, i ride to work every morning, and i never use mp3 on the road, my safety is in my hands. like popeye said, if you dont really care, think of those you leave behind,, my friend hit a little girl (she died) just outside PE 4years ago(and really, no one was to blame(unless you want to blame the parents), it was an accident,, after that, he was never the same guy,, he commited suicide about 2years ago(he left a note, saying, he cannot forgive himself),,, its not always about you.......... being able to cycle is a "moerse vooreg'"van God,..  waardeer dit asb!!!!

Shame!!! Nobody care to explain why they do that????

I cannot answer for anyone else, but I would like to comment on cycling only lanes.

I live in Alberton and they have a number of cycle dedicated lanes. Where they are on the road as opposed to being on the pavment, they are demarkated by white lines in some places and contrete borders in others.

The lanes themselves are so full of junk (never cleaned) that one is guaranteed to get a puncture every time you ride in it. There is so much loose sand that you are also guaranteed to fall every time you hit a patch of sand. It just does not work well with 700 c wheels.

Then there are pedestrians that walk in them and Taxis that use them as a loading zone for cargo.

So it is impossible to ride in them and do more than 10 or twenty k's and hour and there are so many obstacles as to make them totally unsafe.

That answer your question about whi I do not ride in the dedicated cycle lanes of Alberton?

It is far safer to take my chances with the motorists and no, I do not ride even two abreast with my ride partners in the built up areas of Alberton.

Some people are just selfish and doff and maybe they deserve what they get when they flaut the rules of the road.

I do take some calulated risks by not stoppoing altogther at all stop streets but that is only when it is "safe" to do that. I do creep across red traffic lights after having stopped and the coast is clear.

I have had many motorist hoot at me for doing this but more because it has irritated them than any other reason. I do not endanger my own life and certainly will not endanger the lives of fellow road users.

Maybe, the local councils should clean up the lanes and they might find more cyclists using them. I certainly would if it was safe to do so and I was not going to spend all my spare time fxing punctures every time I do a training ride.

Like the cycling lanes in Durban North, sh*te I would not want to be a roadie in that area with taxis etc, why don't they organise traffic cops to be stationed there like they do with speed traps etc??