Scary motorist

MichaelH

She probably just saw some wannabe Cyclists doing there ones a year Argus training' date=' I must admit, they scare me toLOL

[/quote']

Or the 94 point seveners. They scare me too!!!LOL

Ongelukkig is dit hoe meeste gemiddelde motoriste 'n fietsryer beskou. Meeste van ons probeer ons beste om die verkeersreels te gehoorsaam, maar ons maak nog altyd die motoriste de moer in, want ons sneak oor stoptekens en verkeersligte. Dan daar is nog die ouens wat dink hulle is "invincible" en bogenoemde doen en sonder 'n helmet ry. Hoe dof kan party mense wees???

Unless motorists are forced to share the roads they will not.

After a bit of reading about human behaviour, the conclusion is that people are far more in tune with their surroundings than previously thought. Values, upbringing ext are great, but what really counts is the environment you are in. You interact with the "context" or environment and talior your behaviour according to what gives you the best perceived "pay back". This means that it is difficult to isolate morals and values from the context wherein they are applied.

Examples of this are:

"everyone else does it"

"I was following orders"

"I did not see you".

ext

Most explinations of human behaviour (such as this letter) are just big cover-ups and Fibs, for what we know is inappropriate and wrong,

but

we all hope that someone buys it and we can then get away with a little lie, and guilt feelings. Normally the bigger and more aggressive the lie is (such as this one) the greater the guilt, or dislocation between behaviour and core values.

Thie poor loser probably is an old grandfather who loves is grand children dearly and in normal circumstances would not hurt a fly. But when he sees cyclists he is overcome with worry that he may actually kill or hurt them. He then projects this internal fear on to the cyclist and BLAMES them for their "dangerous behaviour", so that when he hurts one of them, he can still maintain is "would not hurt a fly" image, and sublimate the guilt away.

THat is all from the POP PSYCHOLOGIST.

Well I'm a fat ( according to other cyclists) and marie biscuit cyclist. I cycle because I like it. I used to cycle seriously when I was in school ( Many moons ago ) but I still like doing it.

Some of us have unfortunately not aged as well as others.

Kritzinger1:

Unfortunately not all of us are pro's or amateurs. :-P

Dear cyclist buddies...

when there is smoke there is fire....

sorry ouens I agree with the motorist, this fight will end when cyclist gets their own lanes or when cyclists start abiding to road-laws......(for the whole ride, every day, not abiding the law for the first 100 m)....

I see no groups of cars riding over all the lanes and hogging the lanes...with the exception of taxi's of course, which then in turn put the local bunch of cyclist - hogging the road - in the same category...that's why we will continue to moan and talk about the two major pests on our roads...  taxis and cyclists

Regards

Mullet the Cyclist

KonaFan, very very good analysis.

mullet, you've got a very valid point there too.

we can not expect to be treated as road users if we bahave as road ABusers.