The Ultimate Shimano/Campagnolo Challenge

Guest Big H

Guest Big H

No no no no this WILL not happen..... I set no end date to this challenge...... julle gaan nie nou ophou sign sponsor nie.....!!!!!!!Shaun you can give an interim score ...... NO DECLARING of a winner!!!!!!!  Komaan ouens lets start sponsoring more signs.... show how much you care for your own, other cyclists and your childrens safety!!!!!! Sponsor sponsor sponsor even if it is only R50-00...... Shaun please post the details of the bank account again please!!!!!!

If I who live in Nigeria can sponsor a sign in Central Gauteng so can somebody living in Bloemfontein or Durban sponsor a sign in Central Gauteng. This is not about ever seeing "your" sign. This is about education awareness with other road users!!!!!!! Get your Boss who rides with a super duper carbon spaghetti frame with garlic groupset and kamikaze wheels get involved in this as well!!!!!!!
Big H2007-05-20 11:18:20

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI GUYS, HEREWITH BANKING DETAILS FOR SPONSORSHIP.

THIS CHALLENGE IS STILL ON, SO I APPEAL TO BOTH SIDES (OK & SRAM) TO SUPPORT YOUR BRAND AND YOUR SAFETY!!!

You can deposit directly into the sign-makers account. A sign costs R590.00 including pole & brackets and the erection of the pole. Currently the sign erection only covers <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><?:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 />Central Gauteng. Negotiations are underway with other Roads Authorities.<?:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

Lenong Supa Signs

Standard Bank

Acc.no. 022582568

Branch code 018305

Once this is done, please fax or e-mail deposit slip to Shaun at the adresses below.

Fax 011 432-3882

e-mail shaun@sign-up.co.za

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR DOING YOUR BIT IN ENSURING THE SAFETY OF YOUR FELLOW CYCLISTS AND YOURSELF.Thumbs%20Up
shaunh2007-05-20 09:34:04

Guest Big H

Does that mean SHIMANO still rulz..... LIKE THE BULLS rule!!!!!!!!!

im a road contractor,firstly you need permission to erect any signs from the council and secondly you are been ripped off

Hallo Chucky. Welcome to The Hub.

Please read the entire thread (12 pages) before making unduely provocative comments. At the least be prepared to qualify: "secondly you are been ripped off" [sic]

Thanks

EB

im a road contractor' date='firstly you need permission to erect any signs from the council and secondly you are been ripped off[/quote']

IT SEEMS YOU REALLY WANT TO HELP US. PERMISSION HAS BEEN GRANTED. THAT IS WHY THERE ARE OVER 50 SIGNS ERECTED ALONG THE LIDO LOOP ROUTE. IF WE ARE BEING RIPPED OFF, WHY ARE YOU NOT HELPING US WITH A BETTER PRICE INSTEAD OF 'LETTING US KNOW'???

i did offer and gave several prices,but was never taken up on it,this was for the northern suburbs

i did offer and gave several prices' date='but was never taken up on it,this was for the northern suburbs[/quote']

Chucky, please give Me (Sign-Up) a price. If we can get a better price our money & sponsorship will go a long way, Please?

I suppose lots of PM'ing and the like between Chucky & ShaunH has taken place? Is the sponsor price still R590 or is there truly a lower price?

Guest Big H

Why do you want to know?????? are you sponsoring another sign to make Shimano and kempekkernoglia even in the score!!!!!!!!

EB, I sent him a PM & he sent 1 back. He is working on getting a better price and will get back to me.

The signs we are erecting is 1500 wide and is mounted on a 4 meter pole. I shopped around as far as Durban to get a good price and the best including Vat was R590. the first 8 signs that were sponsored was of the size 900mm wide mounted on a 3 meter pole at R320. According to Gautrans a 900mm should be used on urban roads were the speed limit is 60 or less and suggested I use the 1500mm as most of the routes are on provincial roads with a verge and speed limit of between 80 and 120 for best visibility. IMHO I think chucky thought we are erecting 900mm and queried the price. in certain hotspots like the Steppes on The Lido Loop route, Gautrans suggest a Hi-Visibilty sign which is 1800mm wide & 2400mm high mounted on 2 x 5 meter poles for best visibility and they cost around R1800 each. I am hoping to erect 2 on this section of road once funds are available.
shaunh2007-05-23 08:07:37

Guest Big H

Shaun you are correct on your assumption on the size of signs. There are well defined Engineering design criteria regarding this. Big H2007-05-23 08:29:44

A challenge to Mikeyza as hubber 2500 to sponsor a sign, same for the rest of you who haven't gotten round to it yet.

Come on guys, get with the program

Thanks Wolfie!!!

Now the guys get something back if they donate to this cause!!!

For just R100 they can win a SRAM MTB groupset with disc brakes and wheelset!!!!

Come on guys support this important safety initiative and win great prizes at the same time!!!

20070603_081840_signup.gif