The Ultimate Shimano/Campagnolo Challenge

Guest Big H

Shaun, I do admire your effort and take my hat off to your noble idea. I'm not a prophet of doom, but I think you are farting against thunder.

A bicycle lane anywhere will just be an extra lane where taxis can overtake on the wrong side, like the existing emergency lanes. Caution Cyclisys signs will be ignored like 60km/hr signs by yuppies in their 333i's.

Law enforcement now is basically non existing, and motorists that does not cycle, view cyclists as a bother.

If you want to see for yourself, cycle for 1 week along Hendrik Potgieter during peak. It is a joke. The other morning no traffic lights were working, like usual. At one intersection there were 4 traffic cars and as many officers, standing on different corners of the i/s. Have you seen 4 cops regulating 1 intersection? The one did'nt know what he was doing, leave alone what the others were doing! I just closed my eyes and went for it, when I thought it was my turn.

I will donate, also volunteer to police a stretch of road for 2 hrs a week, if you give me permission to bliksem the taxi drivers and the yuppies who does not behave.

Seriously, good luck with the effort! I'm not a pessimist, more a realist.  

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all the double names like Boela and BIG MAMMA and surely the latest clown sammajoor

Jy't jou tjom in Suid Amerika vergeet!

Sherbert Herbert been on the hub 24 hours and already i have been called a trol & a clown, sure am going to have an identity crisis after a few weeks.  The idea is great and yes i will contribute but before the motorists are not educated that we as cyclists also have a right to use the road your signs are going to mean diddley SQUAT.

Do not misunderstand me i am all FOR IT, just lets start at the basics-- proper driver education

Beter as die oningeligtes you doodry op jou fiets!!!!! Hier is een manier waarmee jy mense se koppe kan verander oor fietsryers en jy blameer die regering !!!!!!!!! .... jy is erger as die "poeples" wat "apatait" vir aller blameer!!!!!!

Yuppies in 333i's met net 'n middelvinger aan hul reterhande en taxidrywers, wel taxidrywers, se koppe kan nie verander word nie. Hulle is geformat, geprogrammeer en ge write protect om *** te maak.

Vir die regering gedeelte, gmf, die regering, wel jy was hier, het jy nie gesien nie Big H?

Guest Big H

Flyboy..... Pinkie het net die een naam. Hy is nie 'n double poster soos kruiwa nie. ...... twee mense gebruik die een naam ...... kruiwa!!!!!!(Koos en Andre)

Samjoor, my fav sammajoor was ou Sam Storings by Oom Peerie se PPlaas in Pretoria. Hy het bietjie aan bomskok gely en kon so mooi vloek dat jy eintlik uitgesien het daarna dat hy jou moet vloek.

Ek stem! Opvoeding! Maar jy gaan ook net die goeie ouens opvoed, m.a.w. 'n klein minderheid. Ons paaie is gyl gesaai met padvarke.

Weet jy ek was een van daai wat jou kon slegse dat jy dit geniet het , maar word ons nie maar almal 'n padvark as daai B&%$#KS(*&M in sy M5 voor jou in draai nie dis net die manier wat ons daai bedonnerdgeid hanteer wat ons beter of slegter mense maak, dis waar ek nog my oefen inkry om die oordentlike afrikanse woorde na mekaar te kan inryg

Sammajoor: Welcome to the hub.

The legal impact of the sign has been discussed here before. Saliently:

1) It creates awareness.

2) If you get hit by a car on a road with a warning sign, the motorist needs to prove his innocense. Maybe you're dead, maybe he drove off without stopping. Either way, it is better than not having it there and having to fight a legal battle

Rethorical question: What have you done to actively promote cycling awareness and safety?

Lastly: We do not need to debate the effectiveness of the signs. Either sponsor one or start a new & better initiative.

ShaunH - great initiative, thanks for taking action.

Guest Big H

Dankie EB ..... kom sammajoor put your munny where your mouth is !!!!!!

Flyboy..... Pinkie het net die een naam. Hy is nie 'n double poster soos kruiwa nie. ...... twee mense gebruik die een naam ...... kruiwa!!!!!!(Koos en Andre)

Neeeee maaaaan nie hyyyyy nieeeee, die anner eeeeen!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Big H

Klink my jy is deurmekaar en gebruik te veel van daai majic mushrooms wat daar in die klowe groei op daai plaas waar jy vir die kameelperde in die maanlig kyk...... wie is die anner een in Suid Amerika???????

Do not misunderstand me i am all FOR IT' date=' just lets start at the basics-- proper driver education
[/quote']

Samoosa, agreed, but what about cyclists education? when are we as cyclists going to respect the rules of the road?

It is a two-way street.

Guest Big H

sammajoor..... jy raas en blaas maar jy antwoord nie my uitdaging nie..... sponsor nou tog 'n sign en wys dat jy REGTIG omgee vir fietsryers se veiligheid..... anners moet jy eerder stilbly.