Bike wall hooks

hagar

baie dankie Big%20smileBig%20smile ja man ek fight a loosing battle me my bikes innie huis maar haar MTB gaan ek op hang Wink

hang liewers die misses op en los die bikes in die huis LOL

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks Mampara for that bit of info !!!

she still uses the stripper pole unfortunatley so i will have to call my contacts WinkLOL no i get you now its gonna work can see it clearly now the rain has gone can see all obstacles in my way ....... lalalalala

i dont think there is a major issue with keeping the bikes stored with hooks. i've been doing it for some time now, and my mate has 6 (yes 6) bikes.  he stores them all that way.  he's a bike nut so if it wasnt good for the bike, no way he'd do it.  but i suppose if you left it like that for a long time with out taking it down and using them on regular intervals, it might cause issues with the oil.  but its such a handy way of storing them...

i like the frame hanging idea personally has someone got a pic of a frame hanging one please ...

I purchased some from my LBS. Use 3 to hang up bikes in garage and one next to tap so I can wash bikes properly.

I will take a photo of the box that these wall hangers came in and a photo of the actual wall hanger.

I got two brackets from Cycle lab. They look better than hold fast ones. They work well for my Tandem and MTB as you hang them by the frame and not wheels. Northgate should have them

The fox shock manual says you should store your bike upside down as it allows for the oil to lubricate the stantions. You can get a copy of it on the fox site. So I recon either method is good.

i think i will get my friend to make me some to hang the bikes up by the frames like Para said some flat bar and strippers poles covered with fur or hose pipe Wink  would like to see those pics too ...

No man, the stripper pole was to be used if you hang the two bike above each other like in the pic. If you are never gonna move the place where the bikes hang then drill directly into the wall and cement some 10-12mm round bar directly into the wall.

Hagar, if you have bike rack for your car, just buy an extra plate to bolt to the wall en then hook you bike rack on there.  This way you have storage space for bikes and bike rack.

I got the wheel hanging one in my garage and very happy with it. My wife got it from Game nogal. Originally thought I might have issue by hanging by its wheel but its now 4mths a never a problem. Also very easy to hook on/off and I'm a really short guy.

Would have preferred a frame hook but could not find one anywhere - you could make your own by just using two brackets.

hey para i never got the pic admin must have blocked it Angryplease email me Wink

thanks bateleur i got one of the clip on ones but i think if my friend cant help with a custom design on the option of two wheel ones are the way to go !!!it must be nice a simple to use !!

If you have exposed beams (dakkappe) in your garage then just bend some round bar in a long "S" shape. Cover the bottom hooks and voila. This way you can either hang them by the frame or completely upside down by both wheels.

hey para i never got the pic admin must have blocked it Angryplease email me Wink

thanks bateleur i got one of the clip on ones but i think if my friend cant help with a custom design on the option of two wheel ones are the way to go !!!it must be nice a simple to use !!

Then just buy the hook part of the towbar, which should not be expensive and bolt that to the wall.

I have a bike caddy bike rack.  I just bought the plate extra and bolted that to the wall.  Now I also have a place to hang the bike when I need to do some servicing or repairs.