Junior Cyclist Killed in Bloemfontein thi

Jonathan Kinnear

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To his family..I don't know what to say. People what is happening..? I'm 20 years old and most of my cycling friends are younger that me. 80% of them has been hit by a car. We seriously need to make a plan!!!!  

Graag wil ek van lindsay Saker mtb vir almal namens die ouers van David vir almal dankie se hy was een van ons seuns en het diep in ons harte geklim ons vra net dat almal veilig sal ry op ons gevaarlike paaie

raced against him a few times this year...i rated him as one of only three bloemfontein riders to realy make it nationally...also the best local rider on junior tour...my condolences

Apparantly it was a hit and run. The truck driver started hooting from a longway behind the two riders, one of them moved off the road on the gravel and David was struck from behind on the edge of the road. The driver just glanced back and drove away.

I hope they get that driver soon, an accident can happen, but you stop when it happens. Not drive off as if it is nothing!!!

Apparantly it was a hit and run. The truck driver started hooting from a longway behind the two riders' date=' one of them moved off the road on the gravel and David was struck from behind on the edge of the road. The driver just glanced back and drove away. [/quote']

Very sad indeed.  Again not a nice read....Cry

Last Thursday morning I was riding thru Kuilsriver's (the Capies will know) main road when a truck came from behind and the driver started hooting at me, luckily the robot turned red and we had to stop and I asked the driver (very nicely) may I ask why he just hooted at me, his response was; he was afraid I will swerve into the road right infront of him....Question  I just told him I will not just do that.  He must keep in mind that I have nowhere else to go should something unexpected happen and it is also his responsibility to slow down - not just hoot.

Hi guys

I would like to send my condolenses to his family,friends and team mates.I have known David since he was 13 years old and ride in his team,he was an awsome person!The latest news is that they still cannot find the truck which hit DavidAngry

Condolenses to all

hi guys

i would like to send my thoughts and prayers with dawids family and to say that we didnt just loose a good friend but a daam good competitor eswell

miss you dawie and we always will,

from Brent ;LINDSAY SAKER JUNIOR TEAM

Cry
Thinus2007-04-28 11:50:48