Jock Training Program

Once you have done the Jock any other race is a baby. I think it is very tuff mentally. Even if you have the training the last 40km is always going up ... not steep but up... you must just hope you are not cramping at the start of the last 40km or its going to be a long ride. Seconding on this last piece is very important. Stay hydrated and full of food. I consumed 8000 calories according to my Polar HR monitor, for the 150km. So you will have to eat/drink 6000cal on the ride if possible... which is a lot of food and drink. Dont be scared to start eating and drinking at the start and within the first 30km... else you will never catch up.

I used 2 water bottles per stage plus energy bars and fruit cake per stage. I found by staying energy loaded I managed a 5 hr 150km. Good luck... 

smileys/smiley32.gif

Thanks, training started in full swing this week. Do you think doing the 150km the first time is a good idea (being a girly)?

Thank you NoChain for the training program.

My training started with 16 laps of Kyalami this morning.. or rather that was the plan, I gave up after 1 lap in heavy rain.. smileys/smiley11.gif

Gummy

If you can stick to nochain's training program it will definately improve your riding

I also make use of his programs and were out training with him and the team on saturday,sunday and tuesday. it was hard but worth it.

Im am so motivated that i did 1h00 on the rollers at a ave hr of 80% last night,

Enjoy 

i must admit i am wanting to do an up-country race this year

The jock is one that i am considering smileys/smiley1.gif

The others include Kynsna, amashova and 94.7

Might only do 1 though, which is best???

Excuse my ignorance, but when is the Jock? It sounds like it could be quite a bit of fun...

Ok, excuse my ignorance as well. What is the Jock. Looked on cycle labs website. Didn't see anything.