Which one???  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which one???

• Kenda Karma
    • Kenda Nevegal
    • Kenda Sml Block 8
    • Vredestein Tiger Claw XC-G
    • Maxxis Crossmark

I do mostly XC hardpack racing with rocks and sometimes mud.

I would like an allround tyre.

Pls Vote and maybe comment.

I am only considering the above nothing else.

Thanks GuyClapClap

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Conti Mountain King 2.4 Tubeless if you are a big guy.

Strong, durable and rolls very well. Perfect for your conditions and very good in thick sand too.

the Kenda has a weaker sidewall than the Maxxis. The maxxis is not the best choise on the front though. One of the best I ever rode you didn't even list. Hutchinsons Python is expensive, but man they float on the conditions you described.

Rad, the most popular setup that Ive seen around is a conti mountain king on front and a speed king on the back.

Would anyone else agree??

Rad' date=' the most popular setup that Ive seen around is a conti mountain king on front and a speed king on the back.

Would anyone else agree??[/quote'] First class for the racers.

I had the Kenda Nevegal's on my old bike, and got the Maxxis Crossmark on my new one and, either I'm dof or what cos I don't really notice a difference in tyres, maybe cos I'm riding a totally different bike now

the Kenda has a weaker sidewall than the Maxxis. The maxxis is not the best choise on the front though. One of the best I ever rode you didn't even list. Hutchinsons Python is expensive' date=' but man they float on the conditions you described. [/quote']

who stocks Hutchinsons Python (tubeless) and how much do they go for nowadays? 

Hutchinsons im guessing are R600 ea....

So far Nevagals are winning... Ive ridden Crossmarks and they are ok suppose I should try the Nevagals

I have used all the Kenda tyres mentioned above. The Karma is great as all terrain type tyre. It performs well on hard pack, rolls easy and still cleans very well in the wet. However, it is a little soft and wears really quickly.

The small block 8 is great, as long as its dry, and the surface has not mention of damp or clay, it clogs in mud, and is terrible on loose stuff.

Nevagall, too heavy for XC.

Maxxis cross mark, sucks in wet, tyre compound is too hard. Great in dry super on the rocks.

My latest attempt is the specialized tyre range, low knob claw, great tyre so far @ bout 700 km.