hammertoe

I'm sorry but you are very wrong 20 cent...

I have a pretty good idea what is going on in the sport...

Furthermore I have competed against every single one of the riders selected for the mens teams...

As far as I'm concerned there is no room for development in a national team... whether it be world B's or not... It is a privelage to represent your country and it should be reserved for your best riders... otherwise it becomes meaningless for those who get selected... no rider selected to ride for a team wants people questioning his abilities and the motives for his selection...

Development should happen at the club and provincial level... give the riders opportunities to prove themselves and develop locally... then you will have the best team and it will be representitive... instead of just window dressing... this selection is a joke... and everyones thinking it' date=' but to scared to say it... Its really sad for guys who are left out cause they aren't classed as development...
[/quote']

Unfortunately I only read about these guys "mens team" so I cant say much on that department. `I don't wanna talk deeply about development because its a whole new discussion on its own, to keep it simple, lets remember that they weren't given the chance in the olden days, so unlike us, they are still playing catch-up. Without being funny, I think we should give them the international level experience, not club and provincial level only. If we do so, it will be clear if they are capable of bigger things or not.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the CSA have development officers  - period. but they are volenteers. if the CSA want to implement a development programme then they need to employ a development coach/team on a full time basis - who are paid - to do the job. the team must then tour the country id promising riders. btw Paul Minnaar rode in a development team in the last Rapport Tour, has he been coached or developed since then?????? NO, he hasn't, so as far a devlopment is concerned, he's over the hill. Khaka rode for the Junior SA team in Canada a few years ago and rode brilliantly.....what has he done since??????what has CSA done to develop him????  

smiley36.gifMallo I think you have a point there. Good to have people like you in sites like these, cos most people are not capable of rooming the wild unassisted, good thought's there, think action is needed. I'd say I like you, but like your thinnking.

What you think determines your actions, your actions determine your habits, your habits determine your character, your character determine your ddestiny-20Cent.

The Team should be representative of the country period' date=' it should not be about colour or politics otherwise you end up having the same old Springboks and Proteas scenario. [/quote']

So you want to see every national team made up of 70% ethnic black, 15% so called coloured (must include 1 Muslim) , 10% white and 5% Indians........please correct me if i'm wrong.

Dis fietsry, nie f0kken rugby nie, as jy drop is jy gone! Die 10% ouens wat n rugby span dra gaan nie veel kan doen as ons broers drop nie! Try se... stuur n goeie ontwikkelings span, wat ten minste amper die job kan doen, afgesien van kleur!

So gepraat van kleur......... wanneer sien ons n swart ryer in die TDF?

Tot dan....... try maar ontwikkel.....

The Team should be representative of the country period' date=' it should not be about colour or politics otherwise you end up having the same old Springboks and Proteas scenario. [/quote']

So you want to see every national team made up of 70% ethnic black, 15% so called coloured (must include 1 Muslim) , 10% white and 5% Indians........please correct me if i'm wrong.

i think you completely misunderstood mallo... if you read the text you posted you will see he clearly says "it should not be about colour or politics"...

how do 'they' select a team for these championships?

Is it an accumulation of points or wins over a season on the local/national front?, is it how they faired in a tours such as girodelcapo? Is is the top 1 or two riders from each province? (ie riders that medaled in their provincial champs). Is is a rider who has previous national team experiance so is on their database for quicker contact? maybe the b in B-worlds was interpreted as only blacks? what about the national seeding ladder? as the host country can SA have 2 teams? has anyone requested this? Is it 'who you know' out of the selectors? I'm just interested so I know what I have to do incase I want to get selected next time because I have consistently faired better than many of these riders on the list in the last year and I havn't even done anything special. ie there are LOADS of better riders out there! Why doen;t SA want to have its best team at this race?
ZippIt2007-05-07 12:13:24

and thats just why you are not a selector -- absolutely no clue

Umm..I didn't say I wanted to be a selector, I'm trying to establish what selection criteria are in place for those aspirational people that want to make the team. eg in rugby you have to first be in a Super 14 team to make the springboks..

great selection ,, three on way to China also could of won raibow in worlds b , may be thats why they got selected for China , selectors or rather selector dont wont no old babe a world champ on home soil .   

you are correct , what is what was the selection criteria . any one know , did the riders know , please , some one out there       help

Think the critiria is who's most crawled up someone's bud that matters!! How the hel almost 1 full team gets selected with ZERO results to prove, is above me. How stupid do the selecters think we all are!!!

from website:

The primary aim of the event is to create an opportunity for those nations where cycling is not considered to be a major sport to qualify riders and teams for the Olympic Games, and for this reason, it is an event that is normally staged the year prior to the Olympics. It has a secondary objective to allow those riders from these nations who do not qualify for the Elite Championships or who may not be able to have an opportunity to ride for a fully professional team in ongoing competition an opportunity to compete against other riders of a similar level. It is also seen as a development event where young, up and coming riders can test their mettle and be identified as potential stars of the future.

this may answer a few q's