Which pedals are better between these :

1)Look Quartz MTB pedals

2) BBB BPD-11 MountainGo

3)Shimano PD-M520

4)Crank Brother Egg Beater MXR

and about for what do they retail?

the Crank Brothers MXR retails for anything between R400 and R460

The Crank Brothers Candy X retails for about R500

I'll go for TIME ATAC (any model) pedals. Second choice would be the LOOK QUARTZ. Best for racing. These are quite expensive.

On the cheaper side: The Egg Beaters. LBS says maintenance and spares is cheap and easy to come by. If you have to you can work on them by yourself

my option is second hand Look Quartz or any one of these for new

1) BBB BPD-11 MountainGo

2) Shimano PD-M520

3) Crank Brother Egg Beater MXR

The look quartz still look as if they are in good condition but i do not know which is the best option to go for?

I don't know about the BBB ones but from your whole list it's only the Shimano ones that have adjustable release tension. Also look at the price of replacement cleats. If you ever go to spin class, you can use the shimano clipped shoes in there aswell.

edit: okay the BBB's tension can also be adjusted but I think they will weigh more then the Shimanos.Mampara2009-09-30 06:45:03

+1 for Look Quartz.

In actual fact make that +4,5 as just about everybody I ride with on an on and off basis have switched to Look. Just one guy riding left Look and right spd to make up his mind!

+1 for Look Quartz.

In actual fact make that +4' date='5 as just about everybody I ride with on an on and off basis have switched to Look. Just one guy riding left Look and right spd to make up his mind![/quote']

ok last question - is it worth it to buy second hand LOOK Quartz pedals instead of new pedals?

YOu can never go wrong with LOOK. A friend of mine who was a hardend TIME rider, got a pair with a new bike and he was easily won over. Plus the support for LOOK in SA is excellent

I use egg beaters. Never had an issue with them, and I've abused them quite a bit. will have to find someone with look pedals to try them out since everyone seems to be raving about them.

I use egg beaters. Never had an issue with them' date=' and I've abused them quite a bit. will have to find someone with look pedals to try them out since everyone seems to be raving about them.[/quote']

I will try them out and let you know ...