Crater Cruise Water Points

Daxiet

When doing 100km + you or any ride you need to prepare and if dont then dont blame the race.

To have water point generally every 7-9 km was very good, and well thought out. Thumbs%20Up

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people will always find something to moan about. Next year they will have every brand of energy drink at the water points. And then you will probably moan about it not being cold enough.

When doing 100km + you or any ride you need to prepare and if dont then dont blame the race.

To have water point generally every 7-9 km was very good' date=' and well thought out. Thumbs%20Up
[/quote']

Spoilt brats.

On the TB I think our first water point was at about 50 kays 2nd at about 80 kays. We had to carry most of our stuff with us make use of the rivers if we ran dry. Does not matter what ride I go on I just pack everything into my Camelbak for a great adventure.

As PPWTF says if you fail to plan you plan to fail.

I am so over racing for position no 600 and something or worse. Rather have some fun on the bike then you won't be so grumpy.

I've seen how energetic kid's are after drinking their kiddies juice' date=' imo its a performance enhancer and should banned.

[/quote'] Too Right, All those addatives and Tartrazine turn the little buggers into raving destructive automatons....I`m surprised that this did not happen to some of the riders that drank the Kool-aid/Orros....there could have been a major upset....imagine a complete beginner..overweight and on a Makro special....glazed eyes and frothy mouth...overtaking the frontrunners by ramping past them over the bridge....

I drank 10l plus on the 104ks, I am just VERY greatful that I was able to get that much. Well done to all those that worked the water holes, without them it would have been painfull to say the least and most would not have finished. There were a LOT of full waterbotles that had falled off bike, go with the camel pack and pack as much fuel as you can carry....

Well done to all those that finished and to the poor guy that fell and "broke his hip" hope it mends quickly

I've seen how energetic kid's are after drinking their kiddies juice' date=' imo its a performance enhancer and should banned.

[/quote'] Too Right, All those addatives and Tartrazine turn the little buggers into raving destructive automatons....I`m surprised that this did not happen to some of the riders that drank the Kool-aid/Orros....there could have been a major upset....imagine a complete beginner..overweight and on a Makro special....glazed eyes and frothy mouth...overtaking the frontrunners by ramping past them over the bridge....

Energiser bunny come to mind LOL

The energy drink at the water stops was USN - they are the energy supplier to the event and do an amazing job of helping out and keeping the riders going through all the events with their energy drinks and bars!Thumbs%20Up

As for it working, well I can testify to it getting a whole host of under trained and ill-prepared cyclists through what is an extremely tough event. When somebody that could barely take command of his water bottle at the halfway mark charges through the finishing Arch four hours later - it's more than just a triumph of the human spirit! 

Well done to all the riders, thanks for making this event what it is with your positive attitudes and your lust for life! Hopefully see you all again next year Clap

Great organiation and I have no complaints about the waterpoints. Safety is a concern for me and this having been my first CC I did not really know the hazardous areas and would appreciate maybe some signs warning you to keep left for example on certain areas where you have got a high speed and suddenly run into soft sand.

My 2c worth

Wow' date=' complaining about the drinks on offer at the water points! Just mind boggling...

[/quote']yeah, crazy! looks like some okes expected a restaurant with a bar at every point.

ooooooooooooh...a bar? yes please... smiley9.gif smiley4.gif smiley36.gif ...didn't do it this year, but i've always had a great time at the cruises i've done. the water points are usually brilliant.

As we passed the one marshals car the oke said R5 a beer. LOL 

my son did the 101 on saturday and the 56 on sunday and really enjoyed it.  He was more than happy with the waterpoints but then we normally check that he has enough on him to keep him through a race as I always maintain that what I get on the road is a bonus.  What he did say was that on the 101km there was a waterpoint and there was a bath with ice in which the riders used to fill their bottels is and some dude took his helmet off and washed his head and helmet in the bath while others were filling their bottels.. i think that is fresh Dead.

I ran the 25km road race on saturday and can confirm that the water ran out on our route.. and may i say that its a greta site to be running and then having these hundreds of biclycles come rushing by..i just had to stop and watch costing me valuable time on the run Embarrassed

One random thought about the race....

I've never heard so many mtb riders thank various deities for the short stretch of tar after that badly rutted dirt road near the end LOLLOL

Mtbers enjoying tar? Whats next????

Great race. I did the 56km. 

I usualy don't stop at water points, but buy the look of thing as I passed, they where well stocked and looked great. Jammer koppie, was juller regtig jammer.LOL Loved riding out that koppie, was not that bad. Most of the field arround me pushed it out.

Will be back again next year.

Great work to all involved.

Who is finding it difficult to sit down? LOL

I had that problem for a little bit on Saturday. Feeling much better today though. Ouch