Mavic SLR vs Shimano XTR MTB wheel sets

StokedAboutSpokes

XTR by far. The hubs and freewheel are better. The XTR spokes are steel and won't freeze onto their nipples like the Mavic's does.

The XTR rims won't crack as quickly as the Mavic ones and the XTR rims have two molecules of scandium in, which buys you big bragging rights.

Or you could leave the bragging rights buy XT's and use all the money you saved to buy some other fancy partsSmile

but you can only run Shimano wheels if you are using Shimano groupset. It will look totally out of place on a Sram (sram, not Es-ram or Shram) equiped bike.

but you can only run Shimano wheels if you are using Shimano groupset. It will look totally out of place on a Sram (sram' date=' not Es-ram or Shram) equiped bike.[/quote']

Oh rubbish, MTB is slightly less anal than Road as far as having to keep a groupset complete.

Race mtb's are now equipped with components that give best value/weight etc. mixing sram with shimano wheels or other bits(front deraileur) makes no difference.

Only a roady style sherrif would hassle over keeping it all shimano...