Carbon or Alu Road frame?

Wicked_C

Hi All <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I am 1.85 and i am riding a 54cm fuji team pro frame but find it a bit cramped, there is two options

1. buy another frame, i am looking at a carbon wheeler route 71 (tpo of the range 2007) size 56 or 58cm  

2. looking at the possiblity of a 07 Gaint https://www.bikehub.co.za/forum_posts.asp?TID=63597&KW=giant+Carbon

and selling my fuji

And other idea?

Thanks

For some reason, i have this suspicion that the Wheeler frame is aluminium wrapped in carbon. I'm not too sure though, but do your homework before buying it.

the giant all the way!!!!

but that giant is not an 07 model... its either 05 or 06...

but either way carbon giants are tops!!

Alu, find a decent CAAD Cannondale and you will never look back.

Light, Rigid and Great Geometry for your height.

If its the black 07 model wheeler frame you talking about,i would double check,i remember many guys said it was flexing alot,the 08 red/white is a huge improvement

Cannondale super expensive too! , but then again they will outlast most other cheaper brands.

JPW#, not as expensive as you would think.

Built a 6.7kg Caad9 Super Record Shamal Ultra for R35,000.00. That's the same price as a Super6 Hi Mod Frame!

For 2010 CAAD9 comes with a BB30 Bottom Bracket, so for a bit more you can get a SI SL Hollowgram Crank, Drop the weight to under 6.6kg and you in for R40,000.00!

Add some EastonSLX EC90 wheels and you are +- 6.2kg at R42,000.00, plus it's rigid as hell.

New Bianchi advertised at 110,000.00!

Almost 3 CAAD9's for one Bianchi...