Try to close Online stores!!

CWC Online

I'm trying to actaully go and race in Belgium as then I will be able to pack and send the goods myself and I'm sure delivery will be cut in half, as at the moment the holdup seems to be at either the suppliers or the factory. If I'm there to breath down their necks the whole time it will go quicker.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should try.  This will make marvuli a better proposition as comobike takes 5 days to ship and deliver to a SA address.

Just looked at JJ Cycling's website.  Nearly had a heart attack!!!  Price difference on the Fulcrum Racing 1's is nearly R3000!!!!!!!  And then the LBS still needs to add on their markup.  Nee wat' date=' kyk, ek en ou OcTaLL het dalk ons verskille gehad, maar bliksem, ek sal weer en weer by hom koop (OcTaLL, see if you can't speed up delivery though)!!! [/quote']

To be fair I am sure that the listed price on the J&J website is RRP.  As discussed on the other threads dealer price will be 50% to 60% of that.

But the point is the pricing at J&J is too high.  Even with a dealer price of say R3750, that would only leave the retailer about R750 margin for a set of wheels if he were to try and compete with the online prices!

PS: Octall - your spelling of tyres is still wrong.

There is a 35% markup on the wheels, after cash discount your lbs will  make about R1300 profit. So there is no way they can compete with online prices.

You should try.  This will make marvuli a better proposition as comobike takes 5 days to ship and deliver to a SA address.

I am trying to do this, check my post on the VISA.

CWC, I had no idea you had an online store!  This post was most useful to me as I love shopping online.  Even if I dont buy stuff online, its nice to be able to see prices etc.

P.S.  You might want to get your website fixed and tell the developers to put some decent error handling in.  Got the following error when trying to see MTB frames:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND specials.idcategory=30 ORDER BY specials.idproduct Desc LIMIT 0, 8' at line 1

CWC' date=' I probably missed it somewhere, what is the address of your online store?

[/quote']

Just click on one of their banners at this site.

So the legislation is new and as yet not in effect.  So Octall you can wait until the legislation becomes effective.  The second point to note is that the intention of the legislation is to protect the consumer.  So provided the consumer is informed at the time of sale (in the terms and conditions or through a guarantee) that the goods are not being bought through the authorised distributor and that the distributor is therefore not compelled to provide any warranty on the product, there should be no issue.  You will see it is the same with HiFi Corp.  Their guarantee is internal and does not involve the local distributor.  Seems J&J is simply trying to bully the little guy with inappropriate legal threats.  If you get another threat Octall, perhaps you could open a case of harassment.  Check the wording too, there may be an element of anti-competitive behaviour.

CWC' date=' I probably missed it somewhere, what is the address of your online store?

[/quote']

Just click on one of their banners at this site.

I should've noticed that before, I tend to ignore banner advertising.

I just recieved another e-mail from one of the suppliers in SA telling us to stop selling their products or else......

A small qoute out of the e-mail:

"Quite simply, you cannot sell .......... in South Africa as you are unauthorized to do so as you do not hold the license for ................ in South Africa. You are required to desist from selling any further ................. products."

Really, what is cycling coming to, it is starting to sound like a comunist country and that if you don't do as they say, you will...............

OC they just trying bully boy tactics hoping that you will back down. Dont, they only want a monopoly on their inflated prices. Our company had a similiar thing done to us a few years back where we were sent a layers letter warning us but noithing came of it 

Ya, I know, but it yet again just proves a theory of mine, South Africa sux, you won't find this type of actions anywhere else in the world.

I just think these guys should stop focusing on bullying small fries like me and focus on good service to their customers.

last I saw was that HiFi corp was still going strong doing parallel imports, hehe.....I should know, I worked for them.

Oh ya, AND IT'S LEGAL!

Ya' date=' I know, but it yet again just proves a theory of mine, South Africa sux, you won't find this type of actions anywhere else in the world.[/quote']

Yes you will.

For 12 years I owned a paintball business in Cape Town who's name was similar to that of a manufacturer of paintball equipment in the States. I got a lawyers letter from the Americans demanding that I change the name of my business.

I told them to bugger off and pointed out to them that my business was 5 years older then theirs was and that they should rather change their name instead. I never heard another word from them. It's a slightly different thing but the bullyboy technique is the same.