Try to close Online stores!!

CWC Online

I can't see how anybody can stop people from selling anything online, or face to face for that matter.

If an importer has a problem with people going direct to the manufacturer he/she is meant to be representing, then he/she must take that up with the manufacturer.  If they have a contract with the manufacturer that they have the sole rights for distribution in South Africa then they have the right to take the manufacturer to court for not honouring the contract.

Yes, there is the story of maybe a third party gettinginvolved and selling to an SA "online" shop at a very small mark up, but then the distributor needs to, once again, take it up with the manufacturer.

My 2c

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we at CHRIS WILLEMSE CYCLES also receive a letter from a lawyer company! <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

This matter is with our legal department and believe me' date=' we will not stop

Supplying you (our customers) with the best discount prices!

Thanks for your support and all the calls and e-mails we received today!

Believe me; we will not let you down.

[/quote']

Go CWC!!!  I have always liked your service AND good prices.  Keep it going!

BTW, have you recieved those Sigma Evo lights yet?!Wink
Willehond2007-05-18 07:45:35

This story will likely get some publicity in the local bike magazines, if they are worth their salt.

CWC, why don't you send a copy of the lawyer's letter to the editors of our local cycling rags.

The publicity this story generates is bound to be great for your business!

This is just going to backfire on the official importers. They had a slight chance of getting my business if i really needed them, but now they get nothing from me. 

This story will likely get some publicity in the local bike magazines' date=' if they are worth their salt.

CWC, why don't you send a copy of the lawyer's letter to the editors of our local cycling rags.

The publicity this story generates is bound to be great for your business![/quote']

and run the risk of losing advertsing revenue. u must be joking

YIP, we also had the letter from the "BIG BOYS", or should I say the pansies, just have a look at our homepage, www.marvuli.com, we were forced to put the part on the left there, aparently by law we are required to do this. Just a petty not  "O N E" other store in the " W O R L D " has this on their pages.....

I could go on, why hasn't any of them got this notice?

I simplee put the notice there because I don't want to waist any time and money on lawyer fees.

And then the lawyers makes claims that their "client" says that they had to repair some of our import....

mmm, sound like defimation to me, as we haven't even sold one of this particular supplier's products in SA.

CWC: Keep up doing the good work guys, if maybe the suppliers in SA wouldn't put the huge markups on their products more shops would buy from them. They forgot the main thing, SA is run by a free market system.

I was told by the laywer that ALL online stores will be forced to do this, ya right!

They told me that we are not alowed to sell their products in SA.

He then e-mails me and says that any product sold through me or any of the other guys, CWC was also mentioned, does not have ny warantees what so ever. What a load of bull. I feel like publishing the letter the lawyer sent me but I don't know if I am allowed to.

CWC: if you want a copy of the letter they sent me PM me.

This is just going to backfire on the official importers. They had a slight chance of getting my business if i really needed them' date=' but now they get nothing from me.  [/quote']

Yes, its happened before as well in another industry that I am aware of.

What transpired was a major retailer undercut the official distributors product with heavily discounted prices. The official distributor tried to stop this with legal action (which failed miserably) but the public cottoned onto the fact this retailer was selling product at 25% below the distributors "official stores" price and of course went there to buy their requirements.

Eventually it nearly brought the importer to his knees financially and he was forced to reduce his costs and margins in line with the "unofficial" retailer.

At the days end the public won.

In my opinion this is already happening here, why else would they try and stop someone selling below their inflated price, unless it was hurting them financially.

Perhaps if they improved their business model and tried to improve service standards and cost structures, instead of wasting their time with legal issues they would fare better.

Guest Big H

From Marvuli website:-

Bianchi, Campagnolo, Diadora, Fulcrum, ITM, Polar, Time....... now which one of these sent the lawyers letter. They should rather have contributed to the sign-up campaign by ShaunH. That would have made a worthwhile contribution to the sport!!!!!!!!!

Get help from Raymond Ackerman; Pick 'n Pay. He knows how to stop cartels. Read his book for inspiration.

So is this all that came from the lawyer letters? a request to put some text on the site?

That notice means nothing, I will still support online shops inspite of it.

Just looked at JJ Cycling's website.  Nearly had a heart attack!!!  Price difference on the Fulcrum Racing 1's is nearly R3000!!!!!!!  And then the LBS still needs to add on their markup.  Nee wat, kyk, ek en ou OcTaLL het dalk ons verskille gehad, maar bliksem, ek sal weer en weer by hom koop (OcTaLL, see if you can't speed up delivery though)!!!

Just looked at JJ Cycling's website.  Nearly had a heart attack!!!  Price difference on the Fulcrum Racing 1's is nearly R3000!!!!!!!  And then the LBS still needs to add on their markup. 

The prices on the website are retail.