SA Sport is a Disgrace

Sunblock

While I get what you're saying' date='  I disagree with your assumption that the quota system caused the CWC team to loose. A lot of the guys playing in the CWC should be playing bowls.

[/quote']

and I thought th4e CWC team was a cycling tea. (Chris Willemse Cycles)smiley5.gif

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you know that you are good enough and you think (or are) going to get screwed by the system, GO....for Rawthbone (however you spell that) it was the best move he ever made...these are the realities of life, you don't have to like it but you have to accept it.

How come our reaction in SA to a lot of difficult situations is:

if you don't like it, leave.

Or:  whingers must go.

I'm just not sure how we actually start to deal with a problem if we have this immediate schizo approach.  You're wrong to complain, but nif you're not, leave.

I don't know, it remind me of when a couple start arguing and then when they break up, they each claim to have left the other one, and it becomes a reactionary cycle and everyone gets hurt.

I've seen blacks calling whites whingers, and whites calling whites whingers. 

I read that in Bloem someone tried to start a sort of community thing against crime and no one attended.  Meanwhile in Canada, the UK and USA whenever their is a social issue, they have forums and community problems and sort it out.  Here we'rte disconnected individuals.  It's not good.

are you still rying to enter Sa's - suggest you work thru your club and province. if the CSA (new name for SACF) has to entertain every query that every (licensed) cyclist had they would not have time to administer the sport.   

No, not trying to enter SA's. I did try but eventually gave up - missed deadlines, and seemed to be arguing with everyone ('cos it was a can't do attitude).

I wanted to do the timetrial (got a flat tyre in the last km but basically rode terribly last year) and wanted to make up for it with a solid ride this year.  So wanted to just do the time trial.  Last year I drove up at 4am in the morning, and I dunno, just felt extremely flat and tired in the timetrial. 

I've average 37km/h in a 90km tt (in a half ironman, which is 2hr 21) - ended 2nd off the bike - this is in South Korea.  So was disgusted that I barely averaged 35km in an easy peasy 30km tt with rolling hills. 

Pushed my HR to an average of 171, and for me that is very very hard.  Maybe I was a bit sick, or tired.  My Argus was an average of 161.  So I thought, especially not having to drive up anywhere, and knowing the route - and it's a route that really suits me - I was going to do well.  Was looking forward to it.  Also wanted to take on a friend of mine who is very good now, and I've beaten him in tt long ago - sub 1 hour 40km tt's etc. 

But I guess my focus was too much on cycling, and too little on filling in forms.  Which seems a bit of a contradiction in terms.  It wasn't that I forgot.  I just didn't dot all the i's and cross all the t's.  Hence my annoyance that people who could have helped someone enthusiastic about the sport, and then decided not to.

Kevin who?????

The one who has been compared, by cricketing afficianados, as being in the vein of Viv Richards!!! Never heard anything close being said about Ghulam Bodi for whom KP was dropped to make way for in the Natal side!!!

ai ai ai..LOLLOLLOL.. Delgado...I am only yanking this chaps chain....I really don't have a problem with talented athletes who have enough confidence in themselves to not accept being looked over and move to another country to get to the top.

why must you move to another country to "not accept being looked over?"  The same thing almost happened with Luke Wilson. 

we might not like it but thats the way it is and there is nothing you or I can do about it .... If I was Luke I would have left a while ago already. If Luke has the same feelings as you and never plays more than provincial/ super14 rugby again thats his own fault. I hope he is saving some of that good money he is making now....

I don't think his dad feels so good.  I read an interview on 'Cheeky' Wilson in the Sunday Times.  The controversy over Luke seems to be out of spite because of things his dad said. His father I think was excluded from playing.  Once again, sport should happen off the field, and what happens off the field shouldn't be held against sportspeople.  Once it does, sport is no longer sport.

What about a guy like Lance Klusener? 

In an ideal world Sunblock, in an ideal world..............

Money/ Politics/ religion/ race will always influence sport. It is a viscious circle...you create a governing body to protect against these factors but that governing body needs to be paid, someone needs to be in charge, they create rules to allow people from all backgrounds to have a chance to participate and then WHALLA - you have just commisioned SARFU.......

I don't think his dad feels so good.  I read an interview on 'Cheeky' Wilson in the Sunday Times.  The controversy over Luke seems to be out of spite because of things his dad said. His father I think was excluded from playing.  Once again' date=' sport should happen off the field, and what happens off the field shouldn't be held against sportspeople.  Once it does, sport is no longer sport.

What about a guy like Lance Klusener? 
[/quote']

Ask Graeme "ego" Smith that question!!