cow suit

chucky

So why not raise R5000 privately and then donate it to Choc so you can ride with them?  The whole point is to raise funds for them isn't it? 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get you guys.....

Clearly im lost or you not reading my posts saying well done but something is wrong when charities make demands...

AGAIN Well Done on Raising money for Charity, Im sure we have all lost someone special in our lives due to Cancer....

BUMP for a good Cause

Nice on chucky! All the best for your ride.Clap

rad, I really think you should throw your toys somewhere else. Grow up!

I dont get you guys.....

Clearly im lost or you not reading my posts saying well done but something is wrong when charities make demands...

AGAIN Well Done on Raising money for Charity' date=' Im sure we have all lost someone special in our lives due to Cancer....

BUMP for a good Cause
[/quote']

I think you're just lost....

You didn't bother saying well done in your initial posts. Instead you just launched an attack on Choc! They aren't demanding anything. You have the right to choose to raise money or not.

So why not raise R5000 privately and then donate it to Choc so you can ride with them?  The whole point is to raise funds for them isn't it? 

Ive raised R2500 for NSPCA already.... Raising money with my limited "Connections" has been difficult this year...

Ive raised money for

The Bernard Kaap Fund (Did the Jock HillClimb on my tricycle for that)

The John Whiffen Trust (Argus)

Reach for a Dream (94.7 x 2, Amashova, Tour Durban, Jock 56km, Emporers Palace, Tswane Capital Classic, Tour De Soweto)

I`ve approached, MTN, Nokia, Virgin, Teazers, BirchWood hotel to name a few.....

So dont tell me Im killing these threads im keeping them alive and proving a point that more people should make the effort to raise money for charities but making demands is another story....

Oh Ive even used SignUp logo`s to raise awareness for YOUR SAFETY!!!

Guys and girls! You're all missing the point of Rads comments... A charity should not be making demands like this! It's like signing up to volunteer at the SPCA on a Sat morning... Only to be told to come back when you are a group of 10 volunteers!

This is BS! I don't care what the charity is, any donation should be welcome! Rad does a great job raising money for charity! And I totally agree with him showing these 'charities' the big old middle finger!

I`ve approached' date=' MTN, Nokia, Virgin, Teazers, BirchWood hotel to name a few..... 
[/quote']

Rad - let me start with this statement - ANY money going to charity is good money.

Problem is that big corporates like you've mentioned above want bang for their buck and are unlikely to throw R50,000 at you for a few square metres of space on your 3 wheeler.

Charities like CHOC are high profile and this opens the coffers of big corporates.

I'm not saying the system is right but to make the big tom for charity you need to play the system.

A conundrum for you - which is better - you raising R2,500 for a charity and giving the money directly to the charity or CHOC raising 3 mill and only givin 2 mill to charity?

Me - I'm a 2 mill kinda guy - CHOC employs people so in addition to raising money for charity they're a job creator.

Whip the blinkers off - see the big picture and realise that people other than you want to do good too.

rad, apologies for my tone but this topic is very close to my heart.

As you know, collecting funds for charity takes a lot of hard work. The ride/event or whatever it is is the fun part and the cherry on the top. Many people want to be seen to do something good and have the best intentions of doing something positive but quickly lose interest once they realise that it's hard work grovelling to the corporates just to throw some scraps for a good cause.

CHOC (as the example) is an emotional cause and I am sure everyone would love to be seen as doing it for the cause. The truth is that it's not quite as glamorous behind the scenes.

All the best in your charity drives.Thumbs%20Up

Eldron

I fully Agree with what you say but WHY limit yourself... surely they should say bring what money you can and ride in our cowsuits if you like?

By having the cheek to say from only 5k that is rubbish....

My little area on my tricycle has been seen by thousands of people and have been in many publications

No worries Dirtbreath....

My Main aim here is to say Charities shouldnt limit themselves as its a putoff to people putting in the hardwork to raise the money for them....

Via La Charities.....

And thanks and goodluck to all who will be raising money for various good causes....

PS Say high if you pass me @ the 94.7

Maybe you are all missing the point. Maybe CHOC are saying you get to X rand and we give you a Cow suit so that everyone knows how well you have done. IE you stand out, you have made a difference. I am sure you can go buy a R10 Choc sticker andput it on your bike and "ride for them" But not many will see that sticker.

Chucky, good luck Bugger and hope you have a great ride.

Eldron

I fully Agree with what you say but WHY limit yourself... surely they should say bring what money you can and ride in our cowsuits if you like?

By having the cheek to say from only 5k that is rubbish....

My little area on my tricycle has been seen by thousands of people and have been in many publications

We each choose the method that suits us best - I've "limited" myself to the big corporates route because it has the best cash to time ratio. A few presentations, abuse of some high powered contacts, moving in the right circles and voila - loads of money in the coffers that need it.

Something to think about - nobody has knocked your method of charity work but you're having a hissy fit about theirs. Everyone here is on the same team right?