Brilliant Lights - thanks to Magiclight!!

Cactus

]Strobe mode is used "to be seen" rather than to see with.E.g. when cycling on roads where there is adequate street lighting or even in daylight' date=' if your light is bright enough. [/quote']

Ditto that. When riding in heavy traffic, like commuting to work, even in broad daylight, I ride with the strobe on.

It certainly gets the attention of drivers. And I am all for anything that will make riding on the road a little safer.

• 6 months later...

I have a set of Ay-Up lights.

I have the V4 adventure kit which comes with 2 lights & 3 battrys. I've been cycling for 20+ years and these are by far the best lights I've ever had. In 2008 I did the Transbaviaans with a set of "Brighter-lights". And Last year with the Ay-Ups.

I can honestly say the Ay-Ups are the best lights on the market.

At 70g you can't even feel it on your helmet and in the night training rides they are always the brightest lights in the group.

Of all the lights I've ever had they also have the most sturdy mount. Do not move at all even in the worst conditions.

The charge time is also relatively quick (about 3hrs)

I comfortable get 9hrs on full beam (they only have one setting - no dim)

I ordered mine directly from Australia and got them in 8 days.

I am in the process of getting a second set for my daughter.

If you click on one of the Hubs adverts............I think it is Easygadget.co.za or something, they are selling the 900 lumen Magic Light for R999.00.

• 4 weeks later...

I know it is old news for everyone that already has one - all I can say is that Brad's warranty service backup is as solid as the product. I had a problem and needed the light for a race this coming weekend. He was quick to respond and I got sorted out in time. Brad, awesome product, awesome service.

I recently bought one of the 900 lumen Magicshine lights. It is insane. I use it to cycle to work in the mornings and it does what I need and more. And the buddy I bought it from is a legend too so it helps with the after-sale service.

Gets my vote!

Yeah Magic is one of the most popular lights and I havent heard any bad reviews from fellow hubbers who have bought them. I actually will be ordering two end of the month. But I know some serious mtb'ers that use them for 24 hour races night rides etc. So and they all seem to be very happy with it and is apparently more than bright enough even for midnight singletrack.

Have ridden with the Magicshines as well. Incredible lights for what they are, in terms of service and function they are unbeatable value for money in my opinion. Particularly like the strobe function, like a flashing police light, especially if you make siren sounds :lol:

Soon as MY budget opens up, a set of these are on my list!

Magicshines are good lights, but look around first. There are very good lights in that price range (R1 400 to R1 800.00)

AY-UP lights are far lighter, longer battery life much brighter and they're only R350.00 more. A much better purchase.

Most forums rate Ay-Ups as the Nr. 1 MTB light and they are the most popular light in Australia.

There is a 10 year Guarantee on AY-UP lights.

A much better purchase.

As Chappies says:

Magicshine = Excellent light for under R1000.

www.easygadget.co.za

AyUp = Excellent indestructable, easy to use, quality designed, solid constrction all-around package

Basically two lights for the price of 1 in the V4 kit.

www.easygis.co.za