94.7 " Dad tows his kid"

Silverstreak

I also saw him. I actually chatted to him for a few mins. The kid had a smile on but looked a bit tired. Really really encouraging!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well done to the dad and everyone else that did it for charity/good cause!

some of us battled just to finish it and we were cycling by ourselves...

smiley32.gif smiley32.gif Well done I passed Dad on the the M1, and gave him a word of encouragement, That is unconditional love.

does anyone maybe have a rider number ?

maybe we can contact the organisers and ask them to pass the messages onto him ?

Although this is a nice idea, somehow I feel that this dad would not want any credit for what he did for his kid, his already achieved what he wanted to do.

Although this is a nice idea' date=' somehow I feel that this dad would not want any credit for what he did for his kid, his already achieved what he wanted to do.[/quote']

Thumbs%20Up

i think this is the Gentleman they have an article about in the latest Triathlete magazine. His name is Kevin Garwood and one of his intentions is to do the Iron man 70.3 towing his son in a Kanoe on the swim!

His motivation is that you dont have to be an Elite athlete to compete!

now isnt that the truth!

its amazing what an impact team hoyt is having on sportspeople.

a friend has built a push cart and is now running with disabled kids in the carts. The smile on their faces as they get their medals makes it worth it.

I was led to this forum by colleagues of my wife at her work. I am totally humbled at the remarks and the response that has been displayed here. Just reading the remarks brings tears to my eye and a lump in my throat.

Yes, I am the Dad!

The support and encouragement received while riding from riders and the crowd was fantastic. Yes we do train around the cradle and will be back there this weekend.

I was so inspired by the video clip of Team Hoyt, which was sent to me at the end of April, that my son and I took up the challenge. See the latest SA Triathlete magazine. With my sisters insistance I set up a group on Facebook, Team Garwood.

Thanks all for your kindness.

Kevin, welcome to the hub and once again congrats on your achievement. I am sure your son will remember it for the rest of his days. You go man.

Welcome to the Hub.  You are a great inspiration to all and I can only pray that your example and effort will inspire many others to do the same.

To serve is better than to be served... This is what the Lord Jesus also teaches us!!!

Keep it up DAD.

Welcome Kevin, and incredibly well done, truly inspirational and I'm sure your ride put a lot in perspective for a lot of people Clap I wish you everything of the best with your Iron Man dream and please keep us posted on the FaceBook group, I will definitely be joining that one!

PS I love your Hub name!

Wow ! Am I glad that you got to read all the admiration and well wishing from the cycling & supporters community ! I'm also "brany new" to the "Hub" , but this is the type of article we need to lift people !

A few years ago - I sat watching a Iron Man race on tv and there was a dad, who also had a very special boy and I couldn't stop watching untill they finished ! The emotion & responce from everyone was undescribable ! I sat crying & saying a prayer ! I promised the big boss upstairs - that I would use my privalege of health and always be active !

Thanks for inspiring us all ! With your permission - I would like to post a pic on our web site - www.chequeredclub.weebly.com  and promote your fb Team Garwood

It is a honour to have seen you two !!  Stan Wilson 082 445 3641

Team Garwood,  it is a honour to have watched you guys on the weekend and a humbling experience . I wish you both all the very best and will keep my eye out for you on route this weekend and every other. Well done ! and thank you for joining our sport , its guys like you that I look up at and say , WOW if I was half that man I would be a very proud individual. You walk tall with pride as you are a huge inspiration to all.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Congrats.

TrianDu,,  all I can say is:  THANK YOU!!

Thank you for inspiring, humbling and making me appreciate all I take for granted. 

Good luck with all your other plans.