MTB glasses

JacquesT

I always seem to get mud in my eyes when riding and so wish to get a pair of cycling glasses.

Can anyone let me know what's important in choosing a pair, apart from fit and price of course.

Any recommendations as to what really works?

thanks

Couple of things:

* Anti Fog - helps when you are going slow uphill or taking a short break

* Scratch resistant - the mud that use to go in your eyes will land on your lenses. Wiping it off can scratch them

* Replaceable lenses available in a tint or two

* Comfortable fit

What really works best is Rapid Racing's Neoguard. Keeps mud off your face & shades and out of your eyes. Even with shades on mud sometimes still get in there and a mud spot on your lenses can be just as bad sometimes. Rode the whole winter with one of those beauts and never had an issue. It's a lot cheaper too.

Look no further than the rudy project rydons with photochromatic lenses from CWC for R1600. Literally bullet proof!!

Get them, you wont regret......trust

One word - photochromatic. Shades with interchangeable lenses are totally useless when you are gunning it and enter a tunnel or heavily shaded area. As suggested above the Rydeons looks good.

One word - photochromatic. Shades with interchangeable lenses are totally useless when you are gunning it and enter a tunnel or heavily shaded area. As suggested above the Rydeons looks good.

Gunning into a shaded area with photochromatic lenses can lead to a disaster. There isn't a lense on the market that change quick enough to make the first 15-20m+ safe.

whats wrong with R400 d'arcs? you get 3 lenses as well. work perfectly.?

Absolutely nothing. Probably the best value for money out there. That and UVEX

Gunning into a shaded area with photochromatic lenses can lead to a disaster. There isn't a lense on the market that change quick enough to make the first 15-20m+ safe.

Beg to differ. Common sense prevails. Yes nothing is perfect and yes it takes time to adjust but thats the point see. IT ADJUSTS. Non photochromatic NEVER adjust.

If you don't have mega bucks -D'arcs are the ones to go for, get the kit with a few sets of lenses included. 

Oakleys, adidas, rudy all make good shades.

I tried them and the Oakeys just didn't fit me, too tight.

Rudy Project rydon fit very well for me and you can get spares, adjust the nose pieces etc.  Their photocromatics work very well, but yes, the change isn't immediate so you'll have to take care into shaded areas as Crow said. 

I rode in Groenkloof on Sunday and the lenses changed fast enough for me to be able to see in and out the shade without problems.  They aren't very dark though, so I would recommend you get darker lenses with polarisation if you ride on the road or mostly in bright sunlight. 

Couple of things:

What really works best is Rapid Racing's Neoguard. Keeps mud off your face & shades and out of your eyes. Even with shades on mud sometimes still get in there and a mud spot on your lenses can be just as bad sometimes. Rode the whole winter with one of those beauts and never had an issue. It's a lot cheaper too.

Seen a couple of guys do this with an old tube.

Cut to length, butterflied and then cable-tied on

Flowta2009-11-18 03:08:04

Beg to differ. Common sense prevails. Yes nothing is perfect and yes it takes time to adjust but thats the point see. IT ADJUSTS. Non photochromatic NEVER adjust.

but your eyes adjust thats what they are made to do.Tongue