How's This!!

roadrulesok

Cannot believe this still happens in events. ( As a Backup) we saw a DC team who lost one of their riders at about 110k's. The chap got off his bike, loaded it on the back of a car got in and caught up with the team. Got onto the bike again and rode over the line, collecting his medal!!!

Makes me Wanna             PUKE    Geek

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good ole soueeeth afreeeka!!!!

Where people don't have a conscience anymore and integrity is just a fancy word!!shaunh2009-11-23 02:55:20

Overheard a comment at the finish that a team of which two riders finished boasted about stilling getting a finish, because the two riders took all the timing chips...?

I do not know whether it is possible, or if they were just joking, but I am amazed that people can actually come up with the idea!

Pain is temporary, but quiting lasts forever (or something like that)

That medal will taunt him every time he looks at it...

Splat, I think your post works for most people. But then again most people would not do this, so methinks this individual is immune.

Some people are unencumbered by morals.

I think lots of us come up with the idea in jest, specially when there are 1 or 2 stronger riders on the team, but I am pretty sure it always (?) stays just a joke.  If you want to cheat there are plenty ways to do it, but as udxcob says, it is just cheating yourself.

at kremetart this year my daughter of 16 rode the 70km race and was awarded the prize for first junior girl.  She apparently came fourth overall of the women.  A week later she received a call from the organisers, apparently one of the women that finished ahead of her actually also did motor pacing in a vehicle to get past her and claimed the prize money, but some family member ratted on her and she gave the money back.  The organiser then paid the prize money for third prize into my daughters account. backup rider2009-11-23 03:27:14

at kremetart this year my daughter of 16 rode the 70km race and was awarded the prize for first junior girl.  She apparently came fourth overall of the women.  A week later she received a call from the organisers' date=' apparently one of the women that finished ahead of her actually also did motor pacing in a vehicle to get past her and claimed the prize money, but some family member ratted on her and she gave the money back.  The organiser then paid the prize money for third prize into my daughters account. [/quote']

Well done to your daughter.

I saw this guy holding on to his backup vehicle (VW Caddy) at the Sani nonstop for kays on end.....

Ja, I remember that. Kinda annoying because we were leading them for most of the race and knew we were going to beat them. Then with 20kms to go, they pass during a pit stop and end up beating us by 15mins!

I saw this guy holding on to his backup vehicle (VW Caddy) at the Sani nonstop for kays on end.....

Ja' date=' I remember that. Kinda annoying because we were leading them for most of the race and knew we were going to beat them. Then with 20kms to go, they pass during a pit stop and end up beating us by 15mins!
[/quote']

No thats just DAMN wrong and they must be disqualified.