What 29er rims?

Velouria

I am busy building up a 29er - don't have much of it yet though, but I am looking to get a Niner Air 9.

I have the front fork - a Maverick SC32, and the corresponding Maverick front hub. I plan to get a Hope Pro II Disc hub for the back (I can't afford Chris King).

The question is - what rims? I've been looking at the NoTubes ZTR Arch (because it can go tubeless). I've had a look at some of the Sun Ringle rims, and the Mavic TN719 but really don't know too much.

What is everybody else riding?

Velouria2009-11-25 09:11:50

Stans is always a good option. Converting them will be the same as converting any other std rims.

But they are great. Light, strong, affordable, readily available...

I'm using Velocity Blunts (also imported by Coolheat) laced to Hope Pro II's and so far I'm happy with them.

I'm using Velocity Blunts (also imported by Coolheat) laced to Hope Pro II's and so far I'm happy with them.

Thuggie, those are also very good as well as the Stans that Crow recommended , I would just opt for a 1'6 kg. wheelset smiley2.gif

None. 2.9wheels are weak. wait for the fad to die down and then get the 650B wheel system when the industry wakes up from this lunacy

The American Classics are a good weight for the money (1650grams), got'em for R4273.58 on our website at the moment.

On One will have carbon fibre 29er rims next year, they will be cheaper than whats out there at the moment that's for sure!

I had a look at the ZTR 355s, but the blurb for the Archs says:

"The big brother of the ZTR 355 that is 25 percent laterally stiffer

while being only slight heavier. Great choice for trail riding"

I don't suppose I can get hold of just the rims for those American Classics??