Monte Zoncolan

javadude

Nothing on RAI yet' date=' some stupid magazine show is on. I finally got off work early rush home and F'all on sports channels except F'ing Soccer...anyways nothing I can do about it.[/quote']

Damn CyclingNews.com is painfully slow as well. No updates for the last 10 minutes.

Sjoe speak of the devil, page just reloaded. I love this quote:

"The gradients are serious here! The mavic car pulls over. Cioni is dying a 1000 deaths. Codol keeps pumping."

I just hope that between now and the start of the broadcast I don't have to see another Italian doing an Elvis impersonationDead

Allright so who (other then moi) thinks that Simoni capitulated yesterday, opting for a stage win instead of an all out attack on the overall ? a bit disappointed with his performance and impressed by Da KingLuci...<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Yup... See Simoni said on cyclingnews.com that the stage win was more than enough for him and he has now tipped Di Luca as the winner.

Initially I thought when Simoni went and left Di Luca this could be good, but hats off to Di Luca for hanging in there and hats off to Simoni for trying.

Tough climb and very glad Simoni got the stage win... Schleck was also impressive.
Jason2007-05-31 01:22:52

He probably did, but they needed to totally break Di Luca to get that much time back.  Simoni probably realises he will loses a minute or so to Di Luca in the TT and that meant he needed to pull 3 min+ back on Zoncolan, a pretty tall order.  I would like to see them have a dip on tomorrows stage.  Simoni can afford to have a go from 70 odd km out and use Piepoli to help him.  Schleck would be better, as he is the best chronoman of the three but I can't see a 21-year old risking his podium position and white jersey for the possibility of pink in Milan.

Great to watch...very impressed with Schleck, who confounded those saying he would fade today...also with Di Luca, when he popped off, he just settled back into a rythm he could keep up, and then Cunego helped drag him up the last 3 k's.  Very, very impressive, controlled, professional riding.Clap

I agree linnega, Duval had to totally break Di Luca before Zoncolan but it never happened... Liquigas controlled the race well and once the climb started they were all out the back... but the job was done and Di Luca was pretty much fresh for the climb...

Ricco was a bit disappointing but he still has lots to learn and I was a bit cheesed at Di Luca for pipping Cunego at the end after all the hard work Cunego did pulling him back... Not that Cunego was working for him but hell... I suppose in this game there's no gifts huh. Big%20smile

Jason2007-05-31 01:35:54

How steep was that mountain - incredible. Well done to Gibo for having a go, and well done to Di Luca for hanging in there. Was a bit surprised to see Eddy fade so badly...

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Alessandro Petacchi only lost 11.07 on the climb very inpressive for some one that can't climb  Clap