I'M sick of these thugs

GoLefty!!

Delegation delegation delegation,the scurge of Saffa society...

This is one of those, you spotted the problem, you fix it scenario's..

heres the wrench

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is some good news, the non obeying of road rules is not unique to SA, I live in Melbourne and we have exactly the same problems, of riders jumping lights, stop streets and even yields. However what we do have is bike lanes that are only for bicycles and they are policed. If nothing else this some what protects the rider from all vechiles. We also have police who randomly do spot check to ensure that your bike is road worthy and that you are riding with a helmet.

If caught breaking the road rules as a rider you are subject to the same punishments as car user and wiil get fined accordingly. Example in point a few years ago a rider jumped a stop light and killed a pedestrian, he was sentenced to jail time.

Solution better policing and more riders speaking out when seeing law breakers. These guys give us all a bad name.

Kupe, do you have to carry identification while cycling? How can the police fine you without you having ID?

spot fines or bicycle confiscation.

you present your id/drivers license when you collect the bike at the dicky shop.

If I'mnot mistaken, over there, bicycle licenses still exist and kids are taught in school the rules of the road, pretty much like we were by the Danie Kat way back in the 80's.

Their cycle lane are pretty zooty too with traffic lights and all, pretty similar to those in the Netherlands.

It is all spot fines. No bicycle licences exist that I know of, however there are the sad few who are trying to get law passed to have bike licences, what they have not taken into consideration is that most bike riders also drive cars so they already have a road licence.

The bike lanes are marked with a picture of a bike and some times they are green. St kilda has recently put in pavement breaks between the side walk, bike lane and road.

We also have bike paths which are not road based at all but will go through scenic routes, like following the Yarra river. These paths are also used by commuters as they will go from most suburbs on the eastern side of the city to the cbd.

No bicycle licences exist that I know of' date=' however there are the sad few who are trying to get law passed to have bike licences, [/quote']

Buddy, you hit the nail on the head. Thanks for the laugh.

ClapClapClapClap

At least it would silence the ****ing motorists who complain we

don't belong on the road as we don't have licenses and don't

pay licensing fees.

Which is ironic seeing as I pay for a (big) car, two motorbikes and

a trailer...

jmaccelari2009-12-11 04:27:45

Children children children ......... I leave you alone for a few days and look what you do.....100% to Go Lefty Clap Looking at some of the replies and personal attacks I understand better why cyclists "Behave Badly!!!!!!!"

Well gaan maar aan met julle strint ek hou lekker vakansie in Shingwedzi!!!!

Here is some good news' date=' the non obeying of road rules is not unique to SA, I live in Melbourne and we have exactly the same problems, of riders jumping lights, stop streets and even yields. However what we do have is bike lanes that are only for bicycles and they are policed. If nothing else this some what protects the rider from all vechiles. We also have police who randomly do spot check to ensure that your bike is road worthy and that you are riding with a helmet.

?

If caught breaking the road rules as a rider you are subject to the same punishments as car user and wiil get fined accordingly. Example in point a few years ago a rider jumped a stop light and killed a pedestrian, he was sentenced to jail time.

?

Solution better policing and more riders speaking out when seeing law breakers. These guys give us all a bad name.
[/quote']

Hectic. how fast was the guy going to kill a pedestrian!!

If caught breaking the road rules as a rider you are subject to the same punishments as car user and wiil get fined accordingly. Example in point a few years ago a rider jumped a stop light and killed a pedestrian' date=' he was sentenced to jail time.

[/quote']

I hope this isn't a misreporting of the case in the UK where the guy

hit a pedestrian who stumbled into the road (she was drunk after

a long night's pub crawling). She fell over backwards and hit her head

and died.

The guy was fined for dangerous riding as he saw her and shouted at her,

rather than try to avoid her, so he wasn't entirely blameless...

I know a cyclist killed a pedestrian in SA about two years ago. He hit

someone while on his dikwiel and again the person fell over and hit their

head and died. I don't know the result of that one...

Yesterday I saw a taxi hitting a pedestrian on the R55. Fortunately the taxi managed to slow down so it wasn't major and the pedestrian seemed ok. Not a nice thing to watch though.

Children children children ......... I leave you alone for a few days and look what you do.....100% to Go Lefty Clap Looking at some of the replies and personal attacks I understand better why cyclists "Behave Badly!!!!!!!"

Read with both eyes. Try to be less subjective. The personal attacks started somewhere else.

I do not behave badly on the road in either my car or on my bicycle. I do get needled by comments that water down an argument that seemed valid. Now I have a new opinion - the thread was started to stir the pot. Useful as that may be, alienation from an important subject is an absolutely worthless endeavour.

Why exclude anyone from road safety for any reason? There is a program to help people get over a dependency that is very spiritual, but is not religious. It does not mention God or lean toward any specific religion for exactly that reason - do not exclude anybody from a worthy cause.

I supported you in your quest to get cyclists to behave properly, then you too started getting mean and snide with your posts when people did not agree with you.

This is a new age and a new era. Tolerance, even though you might not agree with the chosen viewpoint or lifestyle choice should be exercised. I am by no means perfect in this practise, but when someone points out that I am bigoted or narrow minded I take a moment to consider their stand point and then either justify what I said or did, or I even apologise for my words/deeds.

All that has happened here is that I have gotten lambasted for daring to ask why all roadies are classed as Lycra wearing homosexuals staring at the olive oiled calves of the man in front of me.

What started as a good argument quickly turned into absolutely nothing.

Read with both eyes. Try to be less subjective. The personal attacks started somewhere else.

I do not behave badly on the road in either my car or on my bicycle. I do get needled by comments that water down an argument that seemed valid. Now I have a new opinion - the thread was started to stir the pot. Useful as that may be' date=' alienation from an important subject is an absolutely worthless endeavour.

Why exclude anyone from road safety for any reason? There is a program to help people get over a dependency that is very spiritual, but is not religious. It does not mention God or lean toward any specific religion for exactly that reason - do not exclude anybody from a worthy cause.

I supported you in your quest to get cyclists to behave properly, then you too started getting mean and snide with your posts when people did not agree with you.

This is a new age and a new era. Tolerance, even though you might not agree with the chosen viewpoint or lifestyle choice should be exercised. I am by no means perfect in this practise, but when someone points out that I am bigoted or narrow minded I take a moment to consider their stand point and then either justify what I said or did, or I even apologise for my words/deeds.

All that has happened here is that I have gotten lambasted for daring to ask why all roadies are classed as Lycra wearing homosexuals staring at the olive oiled calves of the man in front of me.

What started as a good argument quickly turned into absolutely nothing.
[/quote']

Hygend hert de jagd ontkomen........ soos my liewe ou Oumatjie altyd gese het..... as die skoen jou pas my kind, trek hom aan....... lyk my jy HET 'n hele kas vol skoene........ net soos jou Wielnaaf name. Hoekom los jy nie maar weer die "Hygend" naampie nie en kies eerder "liggeraak" as 'n naampie nie!!!!!!!!

Ek kyk nou vir die Rooibokkies wat hier buite die draad wei!!!!!!

20091211_055746_shingwedzi.jpg