Road vs Mountain Bike

BlueMax

Which kind of cycling do you do - MTB or road (road bike)?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Which kind of cycling do you do - MTB or road (road bike)?

• Road
    • MTB
    • Both

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mountain biking is for people who want to sit around' date=' beat drums and hold hands while singing around a bonfire.

Road is for us folks who are so up our own @rse's that all we care about is racing one another to the top of any and every hill.

Truth be told, Mountain bikers dream of being roadies...roadies dream of being 'better roadies'....

(Please, please please see the humour in this post)
[/quote']

i dream of being a drummer?

Trying to see if MTB has now overtaken Road riding in popularity like some guys are suggesting - hoping the hub will represent a good sample?

Yup' date=' it's a well-known fact that Hub polls are the last word in statistical accuracy & scientific divination of the cycling community's deepst thoughts and attitudes.

What' more, this thread has only a 0.00034% chance of degenerating into a massive bitchfest between the two groups.

[/quote']

LOL Clap

nothing better than a smooth bit of tar, speed and a bunch of friends. if you are scared of the traffic join a club and ride with them. have done my fair share of mtb'ing, too far to drive to a mtb track and too dangerous to ride on your own.

If i had the money to buy a MTB i would do both.

Unfortunately after the birth of my son, the budget is stretched to the max, so i have to keep my Road bike as the only bike i have,

I used to have a Schwinn mesa for the dirty stuff, but sold it a few years ago....i regret that decision now.

Oh well.

Basically, my answer is both.

What' more' date=' this thread has only a 0.00034% chance of degenerating into a massive bitchfest between the two groups.

[/quote']

Roadies suck...

What' more' date=' this thread has only a 0.00034% chance of degenerating into a massive bitchfest between the two groups.

[/quote']

MTBers suck...

Get a cyclocross bike and get the best of worlds!!
I am - can't wait until I get it next year!!!

Have also been playing around with this notion. Are you looking locally or to bring one in yourself?

Ok...forgive my ignorance...whats a "cyclocross bike"

Simplistically, its a hybrid road/ mountain bike. Check them out here

If you read some of the British cycling magazines, which often have quite a few cyclocross race reviews and pictures (its actually quite a big discipline in Europe), it looks like these bikes are hammered properly!

But I'm really no expert... Jules has one and uses it often, perhaps he can comment if he sees this thread. Otherwise I will ask him over breakfast after our ride tomorrow and report back.