Bike insurance

mark ellis

those of you have insured your bikes, have you just added them to your normal house contents insurance or have you used a bike specific insurance policy? If so who? 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is use cyclesure for my bike... apparently they very good - never had to claim so can not comment on that bt what i have heard they settle claims quickly 

Specified items ... worked out cheaper ....

It does, but your specified all risks doesn't cover your bike while racing - only training.

I've just ensured my bike with MiWay, the rate is reasonable, took all risk insurance.

It does' date=' but your specified all risks doesn't cover your bike while racing - only training.
[/quote']

Nope: covered whilst racing too

It does' date=' but your specified all risks doesn't cover your bike while racing - only training.
[/quote']

Nope: covered whilst racing too

Mine too - Seems that they had no issue with it as long as it is not "Professional Racing" ie.  I earn a living off it.  Speak to your broker and explain what you want and tell them to sort it out for you - Im sure they will.

My current insurer wanted R300 pm to insure a R16k road bike and then I'd still have to cover the MTB - sounded too expensive to me. What kinda prices are you guys paying?

My current insurer wanted R300 pm to insure a R16k road bike and then I'd still have to cover the MTB - sounded too expensive to me. What kinda prices are you guys paying?

Less than R100 per bike of similar value with Hollard.

Specified my bikes under all risks (racing included) with my household insurance (Alexander Forbes).

Was cheaper than Cyclesure.

No claims yet...