Why do people hate cyclists?

gummibear

you should have stopped to let them try to sort you out.

Mostly, those who behave in that manner are cowards and when you call their bluff thy back down. You should have taken pics of them and posted here and also send their pics to CSA and the local newspaper. We have plenty of these moronic thugs on the roads in Cape Town giving the majority of cyclists a bad name. Law abiding cyclists should sort them out.

I wonder what is required to start a cycling club called Cyclists Against Road Abuse (CARA) or Cyclists against Law Abuse (CALA). Here cyclist interested to showing the rest how to have fun while still abiding by the law can find like minded riders to enjoy their sport with.

[scratches chin]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope there are only 2 of us regulars.

Holly yesterday was great until be hit Bapsfontein and then the gloves came off, I had a chance to look down and saw 55kph and then a Bianchi swerved in front of me and I went bundu bashing. Lucky I managed to hold on and get back onto the road - I called it quits then and drifted home at a comfortable 35kph.

Idiots. sheesh' date=' I can't believe the mentality of some roadies..erm, riders out there. It's insane. [/quote']

Hey, one of the galoots and one of the chickies was wearing sleeveless cycling jerseys, so they may well have been mtbersWink

They hate us because we are having fun in the same place and time that they are getting hysterical in their cars.

Also had an incident on Atlas road Sturday. A cash in transit truck overtook a car stopped at a red robot, swung in front of the car by this time moving as the light went green, and was heading my way. I had taken off like a scalded cat through the red light as I could see trouble coming. Fortunately I could accelerate faster than the truck and he piled into another car that was moving up on the lane next to me. Three car loads of pissed of people yelling and shouting at each other and one cyclist heading up the road on a very rewarding base training ride and that is why they hate us. We are having fun and they are not

Holly yesterday was great until be hit Bapsfontein and then the gloves came off' date=' I had a chance to look down and saw 55kph and then a Bianchi swerved in front of me and I went bundu bashing. Lucky I managed to hold on and get back onto the road - I called it quits then and drifted home at a comfortable 35kph.[/quote']

glad to hear you stayed upright!

Galoot on a red and white CKT' date=' ploughs straight into the back of me, half stops, swears, and rides of as I stop to check if my bike is damaged. WTF? [/quote']

can you by any chance remember what wheels he had on that bike? i may know the dude.

Nah sorry, but when I say galoot, I mean he was a real big fella...

then i know who he is.

Holly yesterday was great until be hit Bapsfontein and then the gloves came off' date=' I had a chance to look down and saw 55kph and then a Bianchi swerved in front of me and I went bundu bashing. Lucky I managed to hold on and get back onto the road - I called it quits then and drifted home at a comfortable 35kph.[/quote']

Galoot on a red and white CKT' date=' ploughs straight into the back of me, half stops, swears, and rides of as I stop to check if my bike is damaged. WTF? [/quote']

can you by any chance remember what wheels he had on that bike? i may know the dude.

then i know who he is.

are you going to sort him out?LOL

Sometimes cyclists are their own worst enemies when it comes to their share of the road, I find to smile and wave is much more effective.

then i know who he is.

nope, chances are that if he keeps riding like that, he's gonna "sort" himself out.

Whether it's on a bicycle, a motorbike or in a car, you'll always find

some moron with a chip on his shoulder and looking for someone

to take it out on...

nope' date=' chances are that if he keeps riding like that, he's gonna "sort" himself out.[/quote']

Yeah, that's what I figure... Next time he'll ride into something that stops you a bit quicker than little 57kg me... Or he'll offer to sort out the "right" person onedayWink

Whether it's on a bicycle' date=' a motorbike or in a car, you'll always find
some moron with a chip on his shoulder and looking for someone
to take it out on...
[/quote']

I agree, a tjop is a tjop, sometimes he's on two wheels, sometime on four.

[quote=holy roller cut cut

nope' date=' chances are that if he keeps riding like that, he's gonna "sort" himself out.[/quote]

I'm a firm believer that according to Darwin's theory - these dudes will remove themselves from the gene pool some or other time!! Hopefully he (they) did us all a favour and had not procreated...