Campag Problem

anton

SO then pls tell me whats the wrong and right way to change gears.Maybe then i can change the way i change gears and prevent the chain from snapping in future....smileys/smiley2.gif

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you flick the gear lever the right way, then you'll change gears the right way, otherwise you'll change gears the wrong way !!  smileys/smiley2.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

I would imagine changing gears while putting a heavy load on the drivetrain would be considered "wrong" as you'll be exerting large amounts of stress in a forwrad direction (through your pedalling action), while at the same time, you'll be exerting lateral stress on the chain, which theoretically, can't be good for the chain !

kingcompass38798.6628472222

Soutie cross changing is a big no no. Snap goes the chain.

u cant sit on your 53 25. nor on your 39 12 or 11.

bad news. Dont start a race 53 15 (my big prob)

the problem with Campag is that Shimano is better smileys/smiley2.gif smileys/smiley2.gif smileys/smiley2.gif

the problem with Campag is that Shimano is better smileys/smiley2.gif smileys/smiley2.gif smileys/smiley2.gif

wishfull thinking.

CVANC smileys/smiley17.gif smileys/smiley17.gif by far dude.

of my friends who have campag complain endless about their group

set. now the ones who have shimano dont complain. smileys/smiley9.gif

CVANC smileys/smiley17.gif smileys/smiley17.gif by far dude.

of my friends who have campag complain endless about their group

set. now the ones who have shimano dont complain. smileys/smiley9.gif

Your shimano friends too ashamed to speak up now. smileys/smiley36.gif

smileys/smiley4.gif smileys/smiley4.gif no not really they have real jobs unlike all of us smileys/smiley2.gif

i'll speak up

campag is pure ART, nothing better

but i must say that the new look shimano is really awesome.

I dont think any one is better than the other.

I do feel the after sales support  for campag is sorely lacking though, unlike shimano which is very prevalant in our country.

It seems that if you want campag you have to go thru Willie, directly or indirectly cos he has the agency for cmapag so he dictates the price and availability which i might add needs attention.

I have ridden wiht both and have this to say, campag is very elegant and sleek, shimano not so, but shimano shifts like a baby's bottom, SMOOTH BABY SMOOTH

I presently ride shimano but have never had a problem with campag (other than above)  and love it to bits

TOOHOT ill tell u whats pure art is the amount of sh!t that comes out

that trap of yours. smileys/smiley36.gif smileys/smiley36.gif smileys/smiley36.gif

TOOHOT ill tell u whats pure art is the amount of sh!t that comes out

that trap of yours. smileys/smiley36.gif smileys/smiley36.gif smileys/smiley36.gif

I cant disagree there smileys/smiley36.gif smileys/smiley2.gif smileys/smiley32.gif

I never Cross change my chain,but must say i bearly ride in my small blad and neither the last three on my casset so only use 7 gears in total most of the time,can be that not riding to light gears....smileys/smiley9.gif

One thing i got to say is "FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS RIDE SHIMANO"smileys/smiley7.gif

So..............smileys/smiley4.gifsmileys/smiley4.gif

Soutie it would seem that you are "blessed" with to much HP in them thar legs.

Provided that the chain is properly joined (pin extends correctly at both ends) then all i can suggest is to eat less Spinachsmileys/smiley2.gif

THat can be the problem,many people have told me that.smileys/smiley5.gif

I eat as little spinach as possable,i think it's the Pasta.....smileys/smiley2.gif

Does no body else have this Problem???

Boonen mechanicals update:

Stronger bike for Boonen

Tom Boonen is to ride the E3 Prijs with a sturdier frame, reports Sportwereld.be. The brute strength of the Quick.Step rider in the sprints has seen him have several mishaps with his gearing. Thus, Quick.Step's frame supplier Time is beefing things up for Tornado Tom, just in case.

He needs a custom MX Leader............

On the 10 speed argument...

In the bad days of Eddy and Big Mic the probelm with chain stretch and gearing did not exist.  Why, because they only had four or five gears and thus thicker chains. Also they had levers to change gears, resulting in gear mismatch being a rider problem and not a mechanical problem, gears were selected before the sprint and not in the sprint.

Pros (especially the sprinters and the "brotherhood of the big blade") probably chew up chains very quickly, as they put mor torque on the chain.  Legs like Boonen would probably chew up a ten speed chain in one classic.  But what the hell, the sponsors pay anyway. 

Th added problem with ten speed is not only is the chain very thin (prone to strectch) but the tolerances and gaps between the gears is reduces (as well as the widths of the cogs themselves)  This means that the shifters have to be more precise (something a a few falls and bumps could put out) and the chance of mechanical problems are exponentially greater.  Considering both Campy and ****tymano have only being issuing ten speed in the last few years, the lack of mechanical difficults to date is the amazing bit.  (Pity Boonen is such an ANIMAL).

For the most of us, the niggles we have with campy or that other brand most probably can be fixed with a bit of patience and a service.