Cyclist hit at Fast One

Moab

Hi all,

Just to let you know that Kurt Stockton was hit by a team car yesterday whilst riding in the Juniors bunch. He had surgery to repair muscles and tendons etc in his left arm. He also had a few other scrapes and bruises but is back at home recovering.

This was a very unhappy incident that has ruined Kurts road and mtb season! Seriously uncool.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always sad to hear that a cyclist has been hit by a car but when a cyclists get hit by a team car that's very wrong.

Hope Kurt heals ASAP.

Hey guys' date=' thanks for all da wishes it really makes me feel good

[/quote']

First of all, How are you feeling?

Second of all, what happened?

Thanks all for the well wishes.

I'm not going to comment about the accident as we are still trying to piece everything together. However what we do know has warranted a criminal charge of "Hit and Run" being laid against the driver.

My next step is to take this up with CSA and possibly civilly.

Kurt was released from hospital today and is reading the thread now. He will be off the bike for a while and his bike also needs some attention.

I would like to thank the Tanya and the rest of the organisers. They where great. The medical response team where awesome. I was still getting calls last night from them asking how Kurt was.

And a very special thanks to Evelyn who stopped and helped Kurt at the scene and stayed with him till he was transported to hospital.

jeez, kurt, your weekend started off on a bad note on friday already with that silly alarm! hope you heal up soon!

Oh, and thanks to all the team's. I think someone from every team in the junior peleton has contacted either me of Kurt with offers of support. Thanks guy's and girls.

i was riding juniors, and heard a crash, not sure if its the same thing but all the best to you kurt....hop0e your back in the bunch soon Wink