Oakley glasses vs. rest

The_Break

I have M-frames 3rd lens in 5years, also peeling.

I had Rudi's for 4 years before, and never had issues. They repaced a set of lenses for free after it got scraced badly and it was totaly my fault.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Rudy Project Exowind with Photochromatic lenses. I can really recommend Rudy Project. They are absolutely brilliant!

My Oakley's started peeling after a few years and I don't even ride with them' date=' just day to day use. I took them back to the factory shop here in PE wanting to buy new lenses and got told they have no stock and wont be ordering any as the model has been discontinued. This is the second pair of glasses this has happened to me with.

They did offer to trade them in and give me R400 off the price of a new pair but that is still very expensive compared to new lenses that only cost a few hundred rands. I will never buy another Oakley product again.

[/quote']

Actually the lens is the most expensive part of any Oakley sunglass. The rands they gave you off the sunglasses probably took the frames out of the equation leaving you the expense of the new lens as you set out to buy in the 1st place

Cant really knock them for constant innovation can you?

Actually the lens is the most expensive part of any Oakley sunglass. The rands they gave you off the sunglasses probably took the frames out of the equation leaving you the expense of the new lens as you set out to buy in the 1st place

Cant really knock them for constant innovation can you?

Replacement lenses are not very expensive from the factory shop. I have had them replaced before and it was a bit over R200, although that was a quite while ago.

I wont knock them for "consistent innovation" if the newer glasses actually showed some innovation. All the innovation I see from Oakley is in the frames and different styles, most of which I dont like. Sure, Jawbones make changing lenses easier but I think they look terrible. Just my opinion though.

A innovative company would have realized that they have a problem with the lenses and done something to fix that. Its been a problem for years and years now so I am sure they are aware of the problem.

What I meant was if you bought the lenses outright in terms of pricing... Like new radar lenses are close to a grand but the frames are only 3-400.

Had Adidas Evil eyes, they fogged up so gave them away. Tania has the new Adidas glasses and they are peeling of, I think Fire's also peeled off. I have the Rudy's and although they don't peel off they also fog up...so freaken annoying.. Can't anyone just make something that works?!

Had some D'arcs and now Rydons with Photochromic lenses, really happy with the fit, build quality and the lens changes from light to dark quite nicely as well ! 

Worked wonder recently at Clear water trails forests.

Why/how do the glasses fog up ? I only get this when I stop to rest/drink etc. Does it happen to you guys when riding ?

What I meant was if you bought the lenses outright in terms of pricing... Like new radar lenses are close to a grand but the frames are only 3-400.

I see your point but I still wouldnt have this problem if peeling lenses wasnt a issue.

Back to the original topic. Next pair of glasses I buy will probably be Rudy Project. I ride with 2 guys who have them and they both rave about them.

I've had my pair of Rudy's (rydon's with impactx photochromic  lenses) for about a year now. They have been properly abused as any pair of good mountain biker shades should be. I am glad to say that they do not have a scratch on them!

They do fog up a bit when you stand still but that should just motivate you to get going again.

I love my Rudy's and have been recommending them to anybody who cares to listen.

P.S. The Rudy lenses are not covered like the oakley's, so I'm pretty sure they won't peel no matter how much you sweat.

One thing about oakleys is they don't fog up, that alone means I'll take a chance on them peeling once every couple of years, as opposed to having to put up with fogging everytime I ride

Use Oakley Sunnies for most sports, never had a hassle. Have seen them peel on a mate's(transitions), sent them back to them, replaced... no problems! Find vented G30 lenses the way to go for mtb

I have a pair of D'Arcs glasses with the optical inserts. I sat on the pair with the dark lenses inserted and the reatainer hoos on the lens broke off. Without any questions they gave me a brand new complete set of sunglasses. Had to wait two weeks for the new shipment to arrive. This is what I call proper customer support.

Thumbs up to Omnico on a very good South African product.

I've had my Oakley Pro M frames for 5 years with no hassles, I've had Adidas supernovas - fell off my face, Briko Lucifers - same thing the only other ones I've had that worked were the old Briko Stingers I'm going back 10years tho...

Adidas evil eye' date=' has sweat absorption strip at the top.

Great glasses.
[/quote']

I second that!Clap

great glasses!

I sweat a lot into my glasses. I have had the M-Frames and the Racing Jackets both which are coated using chemical process. I.e not built into lense. Which do you have?

Radars

Same, Radars. Also have Rudi's - use more on road. Sportsmask - made famous by the one and only Crab man Juan Mauricio Soler Hern?ndez)

no problem - sweat like a fountain

The EvIL Eyes are such k@k glasses, not only do they Fog up, they collect sweat on the inside rim you'd swear you were diving... and the lenses peel off. Only thing they got right is the name, "Evil, cuz they SUCK!