I did it!!!!!

AuctionLamb

kempo, trek jou vinger uit jou gat.

Mr Roos, jy moet nou begin results kry, gebruik kempo as coach.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AuctionLamb' date=' I hate to be the one that has to burst you bubble, but doing 2x20mins on HR and doing 2x20mins on Power Output are two entirely different things, please don't be mad at me!!!Confused<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

[/quote']

alas tha man is correct.

With heart rate you think you're working at a constant "hard" pace over the 20min while your the amouont of work you're actually doing is decreasing.

Heart rate drift I believe is the official term..

Well done - it really is a great session and takes focus and strength (mental and physical)

You should consider the "Bruce" special pyramid sesion' date='which I have been doing for a few weeks now and love;

1 x 20 @ 80-85% (a little easier than you did these at)
1 x 10 min spin easy
1 x 4 min @ 95% (basically as hard as you can sustain for 4 mins - gonna love that)
1 x 4 min spin easy
1 x 1 min @ Max for the duration - seriously hard
1 x 4 min Spin easy
1 x 1 min as above
1 x 4 min easy
1 x 4 min @ 95% as before
1 x 4 min Spin easy
1 x 20 min as before

Fall off and feel great at having completed a real good workout.
[/quote']

Mixed levels!!

Bruce - would you include  sessions like these as regular training in a building period?

I took the concept from Joe Friel's Pyramid Intervals, but added the L4's.  Just an attempt to create quality training during winter and part of a reverse periodisation approach.  Training hours are reduced so doing low intensity in winter sets you back in terms of fitness.

This session actually has a very high degree of specificity in terms of road racing - and I have felt the benefit during the Vet's tour over the last couple of days.

One of our standard sessions is to do 2x20's along with some tempo riding to build fitness.  I am considering replacing that workout with this one during build period.

The reason why I think it works (for me anyway) is that my aerobic power seems to respond best to L4 and L5 intensity.  The L6's make sure that you reduce your anaerobic capacity, which means that the second L5 and L4 are done purely aerobically.  For a rider such as myself (I have quite high anaerobic capacity) this seems to target aerobic systems better.