Hi-Q vs Supaquick

2wheelsgood

So which one would you use? I'll tell you why it should be Supaquick:

I was riding in Mellville the other day and my tyre punctured. I didn't have patches with me so I thought I'd buy from Hi-q. I asked and was told it would cost me R20 for two patches. Just ordinary tyre patches. I blew my lid at the manager who told me it was in the system, nothing he could do. I stormed off and made another plan.

Yesterday I went past a nearby Supaquick and asked for some patches, and got a couple for FREE.

****Hi-Q, damned thieves is all they are.

So which one would you use? I'll tell you why it should be Supaquick:I was riding in Mellville the other day and my tyre punctured. I didn't have patches with me so I thought I'd buy from Hi-q. I asked and was told it would cost me R20 for two patches. Just ordinary tyre patches. I blew my lid at the manager who told me it was in the system' date=' nothing he could do. I stormed off and made another plan.Yesterday I went past a nearby Supaquick and asked for some patches, and got a couple for FREE.****Hi-Q, damned thieves is all they are.

[/quote']

I find it amusing how companies cause this sort of thing for the sake of a few cents. Had Hi-Q given you a patch you would have gone on your merry way and probably not mentioned it further. Now they have badwill and a competitor is getting promoed for free.

SupaQuik.

Called Hi-q for a Quote for Pirelli P-Zero Rosso 225 25/18 Z, they tjune me R4200 ea china. I check nooit bru.

So I call up my cuzzin at the nearby Supaquik.

Sorted me out for 4 new Rosso's for R1750-00 ea.

I check yislike, those Hi-Q ouens must rename to Hi-smoked up.

nooit, Supaquik everytime china

Wow..a business refuses to hand out free stock and they get flamed. Pathetic. Mud Dee2010-01-27 07:25:11

Wow..a business refuses to hand out free stock and they get flamed. Pathetic.

what's pathetic is your comprehension skill. I was willing to pay Hi-Q just as I was willing to pay Supaquick - except the guy turned down my money.

And those patches cost next to nothing as well,....Quite short sighted of Hi-Q, chances are you own a car and won't be going back there for tyres.  I asked my local Supa Quick for a teaspoon size splodge of copper grease a while ago, came home with a marg tub half full of it and no charge! A few months later I bought my new 4x4 tyres from them. Thats what makes the difference, customer relations!

SupaQuik.

?

Called Hi-q for?a Quote for Pirelli P-Zero Rosso 225 25/18 Z' date=' they tjune me R4200 ea china. I check nooit bru.

So I call up my cuzzin at the nearby Supaquik.

?

Sorted me out for 4 new Rosso's for R1750-00 ea.

?

I check yislike, those Hi-Q ouens must rename to Hi-smoked up.

?

nooit, Supaquik everytime china
[/quote']

You should have tried Minty's. They would have given you a dozen samoosas for free aswell.

Heh...

Hi-Q stores are all franchised, and prices differ from store to store. Which is why you have to phone around for prices, and is probably why the manager was a pr1ck. They buy all the stock at a set price from the distributors, and decide what price to sell it on for.

I only go to one Hi-Q branch, because I've received EXCELLENT service there.

It boils down to how the individual franchisees decide to run their establishments as to how you will be treated...

Dudes....

A friend of mine owns a Supaquick as well as a Hi-Q which is situated literally less than a km from each other and I get great service from both places.... Clap

I didn't have patches with me

Just so we are clear, you are p1ssed off at someone else, because.....

You must be a CEO somewhere man, coz this is for sure their stupidity for charging you for their stock....

Dont see this thread having a major impact on Hi-Q's day....

Don't think you can blame it on Hi-Q, but rather on that specific branch/manager. I got a flat about a month ago and wasn't sure what caused it, Hi-Q found the cause and replaced the valve of the tyre, free of charge :)

Yep - each branch is run differently by different managers. Where I am the one hiq is crap while the other one is brilliant - in fact i dont phone around, i just go straight there - so its a much of a muchness as far as im concerned. need to go get my wheels aligned tomorrow - maybe i should ask for free patches