CAJEES Again!

Wheelsuck

Only been to Cajees once. Was in JHB for the 94.7 and on Saturday afternoon at 2:30pm Checking the bike I found Mango had stuffed the RD hanger and was bent badly. Went to Cajees at Princess and a Lady spent 45 minutes looking in boxes for a spare. So I was happy Smile

The lady at princess cajees (Fatima) always gives good service. Only problem is that she is the only one that does. If you don't get to speak to her, don't bother.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but the real question is how many of them at merc/bmw don't drive cars....

would you be happy if your merc/bmw arrived on foot... cause he cant drive a car?

99% of us hubbers know about CRC... which makes it hard for us to swallow at the prices that our LBS's feed us.

But CRC can't service my bike... and if I need something in a hurry, even paying R50 extra for UPS won't make it happen quick enough... so we go to our LBS.

This means that their best product should be service, and a genuine interest in what the customer wants... not what they have on the showroom floor that they're trying to get rid of.

I personally have never purchased, only browsed at the store in question. So I will not say anything negative. But basically... 9 times outta 10 a LBS will not be able to compete with CRC when it comes to price... so they gotta win you over with service!

um... when selling specialized products like cycling gear' date=' um yes, why well cyclist are fit, how can a person hat cant even get on a bike explain to you weather the intended ride you wanna buy is going to be what you want.. if you where looking for a road bike that you could spend all day in comfort, or a responsive bike more suited to sprints, would he know the difference.

so yes looks are important.

you know what they say first impressions last.

where if you go to johonson or tony impy cycles.. you can see the people behind the counter cycle.. thus you have more confidence when asking for sales advice[/quote']

I'll judge someone on how knowledgeable they seem (which is generally fairly easy to pick up). I've been told more bullsh*t per salesperson by the young, whippet-thin racing snakes I've come across at most bike shops than by some of the older, less-fit looking individuals I've encountered.

Service and customer satisfaction is KING! I run a my own business, have done for the last 5 years and I assist my partner with her business. If we were not service and customer orientated we would have been out of business within 6 months. A good sign of the sucess of a business is not only new business, but repeat business. 

Alas the 'service is king' line is a bit of a joke in SA lately, from buying a computer to trying to get a decent service for your car. No-one seems to care.,,,,,

Cajees has been flamed on this site for the past six years yet they continue to flourish and expand. Some hubbers always has a lot to say about them yet they frequent their shops, so the next time I see one of you in the shop I will actually remind you there and then of the %$##@ service you moan about.

Might I remind some of you it appears you complain about almost all the LBS's in your areas.

The shops will never be able to please all    

Cajees Strubensvalley is the worst bike shop when it comes to keeping a customer, took my bike for its free service. After a full week of waiting i got it back with a cable replaced. They didn't do the timing of the gears or check any parts, had to have a few parts replaced at another shop which they didnt pick up on. I went into the shop and complained with the manager standing there and they basically said they dont care about their poor service.

They will never see any business from me.

Eagle Canyon cycles is further but i would rather go there and get good service.

@scotty and Muddee I fail to see that my post was to stir or to bitch and moan I stated facts and did not get emotional about it. The fact remains I was stiffed, if the same happens to you what would you do?

@mallo dude you are so wrong, eventually this will catchup I will never ever got to Cajees again and put my foot in there, the facts are there so u condone the fact that I got ripped off? Check the facts that i Posted 

When me and my husband was looking for new roadbikes we went to Cajees in Boksburg.  When we walked in two of there staff was sitting on the showrrom floor not helping us.  We decided to go upstairs and look at the road bikes.  Once we got upstairs we caught the manager lying on the floor sleeping. He did not even realise that we were there.  We turned around and went to another bike shop.  Never set foot there again.

where if you go to johonson or tony impy cycles.. you can see the people behind the counter cycle.. thus you have more confidence when asking for sales advice

Umm, I also shop at Johnnson,personally got no issues with the store but if you look at Kim and his daughter that are often behind the counter it would blow a hole in your theory,not fair to judge the person based on their looks.Based on this assumption you have Paul is the only one that looks like his a cyclist in the storeWink
Malkie2010-02-05 02:50:43

While I agree that you can't judge someone by looks alone (I would be screwed otherwise!!), it does help if whoever is assisting you does cycle or has some physical riding knowledge. It helps when trying to explain something to someone and hopefully saves time and frustration.

Avoid Cajees like the plague - not only do you get a really creepy feeling when you walk in there, you just know they are going to rip you for anything they buy. Got my son a bike there in December and that experience alone will make me warn any potential customer to go somewhere else asap...

Wheelsuck I don't condone such behaviour at all,may I suggest you speak to Amed or Fatima about this.

Fact is after six years of complaining hubbers are still going into cajees and supporting them, then come back to complain about bad service even though they have read about this on the hub several times. I fail to see the logic.

I go into the shop to buy what I want and haggle on the price and walk out happy, will I take my bike there for a service HELL NO, even though they sponsored my club in the past and still give discounts to many a member of my club.Vote with your wallet and avoid the stress.By the way they about to open two more stores soon so surley the demand for their products must be there.

Looking at all the other complaints currently active one wonders how do we keep all persons happy.From the Lemmers down to Myrace and including insurance claims one will always have words of glory from some and doom from the others.

My trackpump popped a o-ring after about four months use.

Took it back to Tony Impey. Got exchange and upgrade at NO COST!

He's a legend on and off the bike!Wink

Wheelsuck I don't condone such behaviour at all' date='may I suggest you speak to Amed or Fatima about this.
Fact is after six years of complaining hubbers are still going into cajees and supporting them, then come back to complain about bad service even though they have read about this on the hub several times. I fail to see the logic.

I go into the shop to buy what I want and haggle on the price and walk out happy, will I take my bike there for a service HELL NO, even though they sponsored my club in the past and still give discounts to many a member of my club.Vote with your wallet and avoid the stress.By the way they about to open two more stores soon so surley the demand for their products must be there.

Looking at all the other complaints currently active one wonders how do we keep all persons happy.From the Lemmers down to Myrace and including insurance claims one will always have words of glory from some and doom from the others.

[/quote']

Precisley, if i want advise i will go where i will get it best (LBS), if i want a price on expensive items i will go where i get it best(Cajees, Solomans, Westedene, CRC), my LBS understands this.

If either option does not work out i balme myself, take the punch and refrain from naming the shop on a public forum. scotty2010-02-05 03:16:42

I was in Boksburg store a week or two back looking around while the wife was in shop next door. There was this gentle man who had just purchased a new Scott Spark and was waiting for them to set it up. anyways he left saying he would come back, not a second after he walked out the staff were laughing at how they had ripped him off with customers still standing there ?

A stupid beginner freind of mine bought a scott road bike from them, on his first ride with me i notice the brake calipers dont sit on the rim, end of the ride i tried to adjust them but they just wouldnt go down far enough to cath rim. again long story short the tyres were trashed from the brake pads so he atakes bike back, about 5 days later gets told that it was scotts fault and would be replaced but 2 weeks later i think he is still waiting for his bike