Over my greasy chain!!!

Ha Ha Kieran

Hello hubbers

What products are available that don't turn your chain to a slimey greasy mess after 2 rides? I've tried Q20, White Lightning Clean Ride and Epic Ride.

I'm tired of looking like a bad mechanic after removing my rear wheel for a puncture or having grease lines all over my legs Cry

rock and roll. blue for mtb, red for road. You must follow the instructions for applying the lube though - i.e. wipe the excess lube off the chain, then it is a fantastic product.

I use motorex dry for the mtb, applied per link and only a drop.  Then cycle and wipe. this is right before riding. if left overnight and then wiping I find that it hold toomuch lube and becomes gritty easily. 

Its also biodegradable and is a wax/oil mix, good compromise imo. 

Lasts about 70-80km in dry conditions on the mtb.  Not good for water, had a bone-dry chain at the recent mitshubishi race. 

rock and roll. blue for mtb' date=' red for road. You must follow the instructions for applying the lube though - i.e. wipe the excess lube off the chain, then it is a fantastic product.

[/quote'] Second that without hesitation.....

Its for road. Thanks guys! Off to the LBS monday morning

get me some too please and let me know the damage!

For a road bike, Finish Line Dry Teflon Lube. One drop per link on a clean chain.

For a MTB, mud mixed with fish oil and...oh I'm making stuff up. I don't know. Who cares what those dirty guys use?   smiley17.gif

For a road bike' date=' Finish Line Dry Teflon Lube. One drop per link on a clean chain.

For a MTB, mud mixed with fish oil and...oh I'm making stuff up. I don't know. Who cares what those dirty guys use?   smiley17.gif [/quote']

I like! The only thing those guys spend more time cleaning cleaning their bikes on is cleaning themselves! LOL

Is this the stuff you guys are talking about? Smile

20100220_102912_41452.jpg

No this is what we have been talking about........

20100220_140813_squirt.jpg