Force vs Ultegra?

wonduhboy

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember CRC has Ultegra gruppo's going for under R5k (not sure if they still do)' date=' that makes it about R5,700 landed which might just affect your decision... I wouldn't stress about warranties either, costs about R100 postage to return anything to them if necessary and they will deal with the warranty.[/quote']

Had a look - Ultegra 6700 is +- R6k, so add 3% for exchange and 16% odd for duty and its close to R7200, so Force is R1k more...

Hmmm, what to do?

bla blah blah...

3. Easy to maintain. Better - it has been fautless
4. Spares that I've needed (so far just chain' date=' but cassette will soon be required) have been readily available.

...blah etc[/quote']

LOL ROTFLMAO!!!  Of course you don't need to maintain your bike if you NEVER RIDE IT!!!  What, did all the dust that settled on your bike contribute to your chainwear or did it rust to bits?

• 2 months later...

Easy question, FORCE is the way to go, firstly its not fair on Shamano to compare it to Ultegra,I been riding Force for about a year now and will not go back. The only negative is that it is a bit more noisy than Shamano ,much lighter and faster through the gears,and the sprint function is awesome. In my opinion Rival would compare more to Ultgra, As for RED, well lets just say Shamano is still working on an answer.The same would apply to XX versus DA its not a comparison.XO is the equivalent to DA and again Shamano is working on an answer. R3SL. smiley20.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I have had Sram Rival for 3 years now and I am really happy with it. I was told that I need to change the chain after 5000Km but it lasted 12500Km. My opinion is that Sram will outlast any of its rivals. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

You 100% correct Snoek I have done 6500km on my chain and cassette and its still perfect , NO WEAR.

You 100% correct Snoek I have done 6500km on my chain and cassette and its still perfect ' date=' NO WEAR.[/quote']

then I'll keep quite about my 12000km on an 105 chain and only changed it because I got a good deal on a new one.

I do not want to "FORCE" you to make a decision, but my next grouppo is going to be ForceWinkWinkWinkWink

OOOO and to those who have noticed I am BACKClapClapClap

• 5 weeks later...