For peach, my latest AM bike

Daft Vader

So I decided I needed a bike I could ride all day with my mates.  Not wanting another XC bike, I needed something versatile.  Something that I could ride all day, but could chuck around and play aswell.

So here she is, my dirty little Cove....

20100306_103301_Cove_1.JPG

Specs:

Cove Hustler 5" (I think)

Fork is a Marzocchi 55 (120 - 160)

Headset : Chris King  Nothreadset

Wheels are Nuke Proof;

Shimano Saint Crankset with e-thirteen chainguide and 39t e-thirteen guidering;

XO Rear derailleur with X9 trigger and goodridge cables;

Avid Elixer 5's (180mm with goodrigde braided hoses)

Deity Dirty Thirty Bar (760mm);

Odi Yeti Lock-on Grips;

Straitline pedals (flat);

Fizik Gobi saddle & Gravity Dropper seatpost; and

Schwalbe Little Albert 2,35 tyres. 

I think that's it.  She's no racing XC machine, but boy can you chuck her around.

Nice!! I think you should get a shorter stem and get a normal seat post but nice ride

Dude,

You have no idea how much what you have just said is causing distress in my life.  This high saddle business is driving me crazy and I wanted a 50mm DH stem, but this is an AM machine after all. 

I know it looks nerdy, but the guys in Jo,burg are all bloody race snakes and I have to try and keep up with them somehow.

BTW, would you be interested in riding in the ALPS in August??  Strictly DH trail riding.  Ski lifts up, gravity sleds down...  Like this...

20100306_115818_Les_Arcs.JPG

So I decided I needed a bike I could ride all day with my mates.  Not wanting another XC bike' date=' I needed something versatile.  Something that I could ride all day, but could chuck around and play aswell.

So here she is, my dirty little Cove....

20100306_103301_Cove_1.JPG

Specs:

Cove Hustler 5" (I think)

Fork is a Marzocchi 55 (120 - 160)

Headset : Chris King  Nothreadset

Wheels are Nuke Proof;

Shimano Saint Crankset with e-thirteen chainguide and 39t e-thirteen guidering;

XO Rear derailleur with X9 trigger and goodridge cables;

Avid Elixer 5's (180mm with goodrigde braided hoses)

Deity Dirty Thirty Bar (760mm);

Odi Yeti Lock-on Grips;

Straitline pedals (flat);

Fizik Gobi saddle & Gravity Dropper seatpost; and

Schwalbe Little Albert 2,35 tyres. 

I think that's it.  She's no racing XC machine, but boy can you chuck her around.
[/quote']

Perfection.

You got an eye for building awesome bikes. I need to find myself something similar.

If you dont mind me asking, what did this baby come to and was it all off CRC?

Where the hell did you get a Cove from? Is there a local distributor? I'm asking cos I am in love with the Shocker.

ITO doing Switzerland. I'm looking at going to France. Morzine, Les Gets, Chatel. My mate Vince went last year and reckons if you go with a crew and stay away from the bars & restaurants you can do the whole trip for 15k. Gonna have to be next year tho. Cash is tight right now.

Nice!! I think you should get a shorter stem and get a normal seat post but nice ride

I'm with you on the stem, what length is that one?

Maybe get something like 80-90mm

Dude that is AWESOME!

Lemme know when you're doing the Alps, I may be able to join. You should also plan on visiting the Livigno Bike park in the Italian Alps - Hans Rey is developing it and it looks awesome!

Please give us some feedback on those Nuke Proof wheels - I was looking (longingly) at a pair a while back. Maybe I should be looking again as they are mooi neh!

Beautiful and brutish all at the same time Thumbs%20Up I'm busy building up my AM ride, but its all very hypothetical so far. Embarrassed

Dont stress about the seatpost and stem, just stick with what feels right.

parabola2010-03-10 06:43:03

Nice.

I would not mind a Handjob myself. Will maybe have to start with a Stiffee. The STD looks a bit dangerous to me.

Yes those are all Cove models so relax.