Benoit: Anabolic steroids found

Poison Ivy

Well cyclists maybe dopers but they don't kill their wifes and children...Angry

Atlanta - WWE superstar Chris Benoit, who strangled his wife and son and committed suicide last month, bought injectable steroids excessively, according to court papers.

His doctor was charged with improperly prescribing drugs to other patients.

Dr Phil Astin prescribed a 10-month supply of anabolic steroids to Chris Benoit every three to four weeks between May 2006 and May 2007, a Drug Enforcement Administration agent said in an affidavit made public on Monday.

During a probe of "RX Weight Loss," Benoit was identified as an excessive buyer of injectable steroids, the document states. Prosecutors would not say what "RX Weight Loss" is.

The affidavit also said Astin supplied various controlled substances, including injectable anabolic steroids, that were found in Benoit's home.

Astin has not been charged with supplying steroids to Benoit, though US Attorney David E. Nahmias said more charges are possible.

The anabolic steroids found in Benoit's home led officials to wonder whether the drugs played a role in the killings that started the weekend of June 22.

Some experts believe steroids can cause paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as "roid rage." Toxicology tests on Benoit's body have not been completed.

A federal indictment issued on Monday charges Astin with improperly dispensing painkillers and other drugs to two different patients.

Prosecutors allege in the seven-count indictment that Astin dispensed drugs including Percocet, Xanax, Lorcet and Vicoprofen between April 2004 and September 2005. The recipients were identified in the indictment by the initials O.G. and M.J.; Benoit's initials were not listed.

Prescriptions

Astin pleaded not guilty and was being held in lieu of $125 000 bond. He will be under house arrest once he posts bond and must surrender his medical license, US Magistrate Judge Linda Walker ordered.

Astin had written prescriptions for about one million doses of controlled substances over the past two years, including "significant quantities" of injectable testosterone cypionate, an anabolic steroid, according to the criminal complaint.

The complaint by Drug Enforcement Administration agent Anissa Jones said the amount of prescriptions was "excessive" for a medical office with a sole practitioner in a rural area like Carrollton, about 65km west of Atlanta.

Assistant US Attorney John Horn said that when agents raided the doctor's office on Wednesday, Astin was carrying Benoit's medical file.

Astin's attorney, Manny Arora, said the doctor had brought the file because he thought the authorities would want it.

Federal drug agents have taken over the probe into whether Astin improperly prescribed testosterone and other drugs to Benoit before the killings and suicide in the wrestler's suburban Atlanta home last month. State prosecutors and sheriff's officials are overseeing the death investigation.

Investigators have conducted two raids at Astin's west Georgia office since last week.

Astin prescribed testosterone for Benoit, a longtime friend, in the past but has not said what, if any, medications he prescribed when Benoit visited his office June 22, the day authorities believe Benoit killed his wife.

"We're still asking questions and searching for answers with regard to the death so we can tie up loose ends," said Scott Ballard, Fayette County district attorney.

Authorities have said Benoit strangled his wife and son, placing Bibles next to their bodies, before hanging himself with the cable of a weight machine in his home.

The boy had old needle marks in his arms, Ballard has said. He said he had been told the parents considered him undersized and had given him growth hormones.

Benoit's father, Michael, said Monday that "it's impossible to come up with a rational explanation for a very irrational act."

"Let the cards fall where they fall, we have no control over it at this point," he said.

"The boy had old needle marks in his arms, Ballard has said. He said he

had been told the parents considered him undersized and had given him

growth hormones."

That's so sad :( maybe it's good that he's removed himself from the gene-pool

From what I've read the kid had some disease that caused dwarfism, and growth hormone was prescribed to him. 

I think the people that watches this wrestling crap is not much smarter.

I despise WWE wrestling... its the biggest load of crap on TV.  The post was just a matter of interest

I despise WWE wrestling... its the biggest load of crap on TV.  The post was just a matter of interest

Sorry Ivy, did not mean to direct the statement at you. Just saying that that people watching and the people being watched are not the brightest there is. Proberbly why it's so popular in America (and the south).

?

I despise WWE wrestling... its the biggest load of crap on TV.? The post was just a matter of interest

Yeah it's a bunch of doped up guys in lycra. Hmmmm ... kind of like another sport I know. smiley2.gif

[quote name=Mampara

Sorry Ivy' date=' did not mean to direct the statement at you. Just saying that that people watching and the people being watched are not the brightest there is. Proberbly why it's so popular in America (and the south).
[/quote]

Wink you can tell me I'm fat and ugly but never tell me I'm stupid Wink neah just kidding, didn't take it personal - its was just interesting especially how we are slamming cyclists again for doping and in fact doping is just so much bigger than cycling

sure mampara, but it's one of the best rated programmes on tv. i have a friend who's son is in a wheelchair because of cerebral palsy. he LOVES it. so if it can bring happiness to one crap life, it's not all bad.

sure mampara' date=' but it's one of the best rated programmes on tv. i have a friend who's son is in a wheelchair because of cerebral palsy. he LOVES it. so if it can bring happiness to one crap life, it's not all bad.
[/quote']

Well, Idols is also one of the best rated and that does not stop it from being crap. I'm talking about adults here. Children watch anything and I will not hold it against them.

Okay, so I had to buy the kid new slippers. THe choice was slipper with the picture of:

some WWE steRiodhead

or

Some old fashioned super hero.

Superman won. (He was more believeable).

sure mampara' date=' but it's one of the best rated programmes on tv. i have a friend who's son is in a wheelchair because of cerebral palsy. he LOVES it. so if it can bring happiness to one crap life, it's not all bad.
[/quote']

Well, Idols is also one of the best rated and that does not stop it from being crap. I'm talking about adults here. Children watch anything and I will not hold it against them.

missing your point here. the demo group that makes idols so popular is adults.
holy roller2007-07-03 09:25:55

missing your point here. the demo group that makes idols so popular is adults.

Well, my point is. Anybody over the age of 12 watching WWE and anybody over the age of 3 watching Idols, are idiots.

missing your point here. 

lets just agree to disagree...

some people like watching WWE others like Idols and Egoli and 7de Laan and what ever else

others like me would rather watch paint dry....than any of the above