Bad service by Cycle Lab at Sani2C

WGoosen

Sad thread. I have read the whole thread.

Its no good paying R1000 for something and not getting it. I sorry to hear this happened to you. I hope you pursue them relentlessly. Thank you for sharing your experience here.

Its a dark day for our sport when the shops forget that such events belong to the riders. Where does this 'entitlement' to capitalize on events come from? Do service providers not apply and agree to rules and controls prior to the event? Is it really such a free-for-all like a bunch of squabbling vultures?

Sorry if I missed something. I'm no MTB'er.lytninwhip2010-03-09 12:21:50

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say I am now impressed with the way Cycle Lab handled this issue once they became aware of the problem. I have received great assstance from the guys in Durban and Johannesburg. Thanks guys you got my confidence back

I really think you guys should take this up with the AM or who else was in charge of the service station. Also' date=' when the shop don't perform a task, take it up with management immediately. No point in airing dirty laundry now.

[/quote']

why not it certainly won't be aired on supercycling

I must say I am now impressed with the way Cycle Lab handled this issue once they became aware of the problem. I have received great assstance from the guys in Durban and Johannesburg. Thanks guys you got my confidence back

I too had an issue with a bike that i bought from CL but instead of posting the issue on the Hub in frustration i approached it differently, i first took the issue up with Andrew directly and he sorted it out.

I had a issue with the shifting on my rear derailleur after day 2. I took it to the lab & they installed new cables front & rear plus new housing & charged me R136.00 which I think is very reasonable, so no complaints from my side. I could probably have sorted the problem myself by cleaning my existing cables, but by the end of day 2 I was simply not in the mood for bike maintenance.

Just with the whole bike wash issue, I overheard the dude on day two of the race at Jolivet proudly say that they had cleaned something in the region of 300 bikes, on the adventure the day before, at R50 a pop...that's a lot of cash!

Why are you impressed?

Have they done anything over and above?

Did they make good on lost time, frustration, formal apology, lack of peace etc etc?

Or have they just corrected what they should have done in the first place?

Don't be impressed so easily friend. Satisfied, yes, but not impressed.

Bad service should never have happened.