Your Argus Cycle Tour 2010 unofficial time?

'Dale

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I know why Tarmac sold me his 25/12 - I was spinning out from Cape Point! might put my 23/11 back on for next year Ermm and put some miles in Embarrassed

What groups broke 3hrs?

invitational (duh)

maybe va

maybe vb/women

maybe tandems

i dont think any other groups cracked it

I finished at the sharp end of VA and we did about 3:03. I think VB did a bit more than that. So in all likelihood only Invitational' date=' a few tandems, and probably a good slice of A, although we caught quite a few of them.[/quote']

I dont think A cracked sub 3... va is normally faster than A

Mebbe... but the makeup of A was different this year.. lots of elites and nobody over 30 I think?

3h10 ,bad position going up chappies so lost contact with front guys,too bad thats racing.Front ladies did 3h06 and mighty mouse was prob about 2 min ahead so no-one in vb breaking 3hrs.We caught a lot of VA and some A,in the end our bunch was huge,a very twitchy and nervouse bunch i thought.

What groups broke 3hrs?

invitational (duh)

maybe va

maybe vb/women

maybe tandems

I finished at the sharp end of VA and we did about 3:03. I think VB did a bit more than that. So in all likelihood only Invitational' date=' a few tandems, and probably a good slice of A, although we caught quite a few of them.[/quote']

I dont think A cracked sub 3... va is normally faster than A

Mebbe... but the makeup of A was different this year.. lots of elites and nobody over 30 I think?

interesting... if anyone did crack sub 3, it will be ONLY JUST...

I was also hoping for a sub 3' date=' but damn chain came off twice!! as a result I lost the group and had to time trial most of the race! Anyone know what the top VA time was? [/quote']

Ishy, howzit buddy!!

What was your time?

I was also hoping for a sub 3' date=' but damn chain came off twice!! as a result I lost the group and had to time trial most of the race! Anyone know what the top VA time was? [/quote']

Ishy, howzit buddy!!

What was your time?

hey bud!

I could only manage to get round 3h20 or so. My chain decided to come off at the worst possible moment as we were going up Boyes Drive and then at Smits!

Nice to see you did a good time though. You deserve it. You trained hard!

did an unofficial 3:38 from H, but i was in survival mode from chappies already after losing the front of the group on smits after being blocked in by the slower chaps

chasing, and not training enuff caught up with me

I see Peter Barber and Paul Jacobs won the tandems - Barber is the 59 year old guy who won the 99er on a tandem and rode most of the double century with no stoker. What a legend! And Shan Wilson was riding tandem today so it's not like he didn't have any competition. Wonder if they cracked sub-3

3:44 from K.

Stayed with the main K bunch up to halfway, but the bunch split many times after that and I just did not have the legs to stay in contact. Think my body is a bit run down.

Anyway, the road bike will not be touched for many months now; MTB all the way!! Big%20smile

Guest colonel

What groups broke 3hrs?

invitational (duh)

maybe va

maybe vb/women

maybe tandems

Invitational riders were the only group to do under 3hrs. A did 3h03 and VA I think did 3H04 or there about.

after argus comes work so please don't set anything alight tonight - I am returning to cape town fire station to work out the remainder of my shift.  12 hours 9pm to 9am.

If the mountain goes up tonight I am screwed.

3h20 - caned myself off the back of VB from Smits to Ocean View then blew at Chappies...survival mode from there! hard day for me

Same here! was so happy to have stayed on until the top of smits but then couldn't  hang on after - no excuses but I do think my 50 'big' blade compact had something to do with that hehehe spun out n couldnt keep up. Was absolutely shot by the time we hit chappies - we'll get em next year hehe

Guest colonel

I pipped Colonel by 5sec at the Giro but he gave me carrots today smiley17.gif. 2:50 for me. I would have been worse were it not for Colonel's teammate. Don't know his name but his number was 91. He paced me home for the last 30km and gave me encouragement on Suikerbossie. I'm embarrassed to say I only had the energy to come through for a few pitiful pulls. Thanks dude!

Thats Neville as Luke Said. Once he learns to climb with the front SV he will be deadly.

5sec? Man thats a lifetime I couldnt of gone any faster any of the days if I tried! Even if it had to be 1sec a day!!

Well done dude good going. Today I must admit I was on a mission, when I got to the start line and saw the guys that were eliminated on day 1,2 and 3 in the shoot I was like WTF they were eliminated and I kaked off everyday to make elimination and they go home, rest up and now come to race. NOT COOL so I was on a mission today.

Also there were some clowns in the Giro group that were not meant to be there atall, some of the CT Elites who we as SV bunch pick up every league race in the 1st 10km of every race they do. A mate of mine in VB said they picked them up on Blue route and more on Boyes drive.

I must say thou it was cool of Lance to race with me....well until Oceanview that is smiley2.gif

3h37 My first Argus and I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it! The crowds and support were awesome. The overall organisation was just so smooth too. Loads of fun!