Cheating in the Argus

Scooter200

I wonder if he is related to the guy who was second in the World Masters 10k running Champs last year in Aus?  Hmmmmm. Still up to his old tricks 

M30-34

30501 CAMERON ARNOLD 00:34:32 Australia

30529 JAGO LISS 00:34:44 Germany

30525 MICHAEL HENNESSY 00:34:59 Australia

30554 SIMON WHITE 00:36:46 Australia

30506 GILLES BROUILLAUD 00:37:17 New Caledonia

Guest Agteros

They've not done any Racetec timed local cycling races under their own names since that 2003 incident... who knows, maybe they did emmigrate smiley36.gif (or returned home?)

That is absolutely very possible! It happened in the Argus in the ladies race in 2004 I think' date=' when I used to race.

A lady by the name Ronel Liz (who I sadly got mistaken for Big%20smile) did that and she managed to finish just 15 seconds ahead of Anriette, placing us 2nd and third. Anriette was basically in tears!

I could not stop laughting when this women pitched up for dope control, she was a fun ryder through and through! T-shirt and all... her Boyfriend did the same and they both won the aldies and A bunch respectively!

People amaze me sometimes!

It was all sorted at the time but made big headlines!
[/quote']

Hey Cherry

Great to see you are still around Big%20smile. Can't believe someone would even think of doing something so stupid!!

Did you do Sani2C this year again??

Hi Cherry.

Goed om te sien jy check nog op ons hier op die Hub. Mis jou vriendelike gesig en chats by die wedrenne. Vertrou dit gaan goed.

I would think that if they didn't go over the mats at Smits their results will not show?

I was in the VA group and while going up Suikerbossie yesterday i passed a guy with a C seeding. I was like .. WTF' date=' how did he get there before us??  Confused 
[/quote']

It was probably scooter200

Big%20smile

Perhaps scooter ran outta petrolLOL If I rode the argus on a scooter, I wouldn't need to take short cuts...pretty sure I could win it on a scooterLOL

They've placed a lot more timing mats on the Argus now than they used to have years ago. I think there were at least two mats out on the course - Smits and maybe Noordhoek? Can't remember where, but I recall going over them.

ConfusedUnless you are an elite racing for money, what would be the purpose of cheating?

Most enter the Argus as a personal challenge, and lets face it, who else gives a stuff what your time was except yourself and perhaps your mother!

So you take a short cut and get an exceptional time, who cares really and the only possible gain is an improvement of seeding and so ending up in a group which is beyond ones capabilities!

I recall mats at Boyes, Smits and top of Chappies.
cyclingfiend2010-03-16 11:07:08

ConfusedUnless you are an elite racing for money' date=' what would be the purpose of cheating?[/quote']

Same (inexplicable) reason that people will lie about their golf handicap (mine's hitting the ball, by the way), cheat when playing Snakes and Ladders with a five year old or over-state the value of their bike or the number of brandy and Cokes they had on Friday night.

Cheating need not only be taking short cuts. The chairman of my previous club used to give his chip to his brother in law to ride with, i was puzzled how it was possible i used to pass him in races but yet his time was always faster than mine, when i checked a few races i saw his brother in law and his time were the same.

cheating at the Argus?  well if you are not racing it,  you should be partying on the route.  So even taking a timing chip is kinda counter productive. 

I still don't understand how dodging 35000 cyclists on your way to the finish will ever give you a fast time anyway.  Most guys only get a good seeding once they have ridden it a couple of times, and raced all the seeding races as well.  I rather bite the bullet, start at the double letters and cruise the route.  Beer tastes best at the foot of suikerbossie.

I was thinking the exact same thing, going to take the mtb next year and go for at least 8 hours, couple of pub stops included / visiting all the waterpoints and maybe a pre-finish meal at panarottis or something...