GOOD NEWS CENTRAL GAUTENG CYCLIST LICENSING

mallo

So same as what goofs said,  Mparalanga is one union that dont use CGC database so you need to buy a temp one.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys

The only provinces using Licencing at the moment if KZN CGC WP not sure about.The other provinces has not indicated anthing as yet on any of their race entries

Sorry, I'm still confused about the licensing requirement.  Once a year I pack my bike to do the 94.7.  I belong to the WC PPA.  Do I need a license (CycloSport or other) to be seeded for the 94.7?  If I have no lisence, does it mean I start at the back and not in one of the seeded groups?  Does CGC have access to the WC PPA database?  Don't mind applying for a license if I have to, but I just need to know what the requirements are well in advance!

Does not help the g/f though, seems like the club has lost her application and now they avoiding her calls.

Carinus Lemmer please come to our aid and solve this issue once and for all. It seems certain provinces has implemented the licence issue whilst others have not and it is causing havoc with the poor cyclists due to inconsiderate officialdom by the provinces.

Solution: Stop all licence issues for this year and ensure all provinces are up to scatch for start 2008 season and that provinces actually campaign their riders to licence or pay the day licence fee without seeding option. I believe 5 months is enough warning to all cyclists.

Furthermore a challenge to all provincial chairpersons make known your feelings with regard the licencing issue seeing that you were party to this disccussion at congress and now you are letting your cyclists down.

Carinus Lemmer please come to our aid and solve this issue once and for all. It seems certain provinces has implemented the licence issue whilst others have not and it is causing havoc with the poor cyclists due to inconsiderate officialdom by the provinces.

Solution: Stop all licence issues for this year and ensure all provinces are up to scatch for start 2008 season and that provinces actually campaign their riders to licence or pay the day licence fee without seeding option. I believe 5 months is enough warning to all cyclists.
Furthermore a challenge to all provincial chairpersons make known your feelings with regard the licencing issue seeing that you were party to this disccussion at congress and now you are letting your cyclists down.

"AMEN" to that Mallo - this fiasco is an absolute disgracefull show of incompetance and inability to inform in a timeous and consistant manner.  

I think the affiliation thing is only valid for 2007 as a temporary measure as if the affiliation allows you to be seeded and ride, why would one need a Cyclo lic.

IMO It is a good suggestion to rather delay implementation for 2007 and work at getting this right 1st. My idea would be for CSA and the various prov cycling bodies advise cyclist via flyers in cycle shops and using sites such as Supersport and Entryonline about the changes for 2008, including the fact one need not belong to a club but can obtain a lic but that you can get one directly from your prov body. What i would also allow is no limit on temp number, but reduce the fee to say R10 - R20 a race.

The only certainty around all these issues is that what little communication there is is not clear

one statement in bicycling magazine, a different statement in the press release from CSA, confusion with none of the provincial / PPA bodies having clarity and action diferently and then (unusually for CSA) ............

........deafening silence!!!!!!

And they wonder why people query the reason for fees being paid to CSA???

come on guys how about some clarification or are there different factions within CSA confusing issues??