Long ride for 16th June

Someone I know is celebrating a birthday on the 16th June and I thought I'd put together a ride to celebrate (heck any excuse to get Hubbers together!)

Whatdya all think of a nice Magaliesberg ride on the public holiday?! I can probably even rope in a support vehicle in the shape of my husband (he has the orange flashing light and is always looking for a reason to use it!)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cyclelab is doing a long ride to Sun city...thinking of joining them (although I'm not a member)

Clarification: This will be a road ride. The person in question is not allowed to come play in the mud yet.

Iam keen fed up doing the long rides on my lonesome,the cycle lab ride do you know if its one group or split A-B-C,not a member either.

no split I think.....some are riding to the wimpy at the dam and then some form the wimpy to sun city. Some will be doing th e whole distance. I am going for the whole distance. Did a ride last year from sandton to Sun City (185km) and really enjoyed it.

just call the lab at 7072700 and ask for Alison to get more details on the ride or on supercycling site

Hmmm... this thread looks in danger of being hijacked... do I need to offer birthday cake after the ride?!

I wanted to join my club to do the Sun City ride but I got no transport back so I will join you guys for a hub ride.

you see michelleh, no one wants to ride with me Click on image to open in new windowClick on image to open in new windowClick on image to open in new window

ah.... i typed this too soon.. there were one or two replies while i was typing!

Michelle,

I organized a club ride for our Club, CycleLab SuperCycling to Magaliesburg this past Sunday which was just awesome. We were about 100 members that took part in the ride. Had breakfast just outside Magaliesburg and some of cycled back again to CycleLab. The route is scenic, lots of fun and there are plenty places in and around Magaliesburg to have a pit stop. Go have a look on www.magaliesmeander.co.za for a detailed list of venues.

Hmmm... this thread looks in danger of being hijacked... do I need to offer birthday cake after the ride?!

Sounds like a good idea, what kind of cake? smileys/smiley17.gif

I do like the idea of the Sun City ride but only if they are turning around and riding back.

Cycle Junkie I probably had breakfast with you then on Sunday eheh.. what bunch did you ride ? I went with the C bunch but they were going very slow ack! I sat the tandem's wheel on the way back smileys/smiley4.gif