Long ride for 16th June

I rode for a while with one of the bunches, a friend of mine was riding with them , had to turn left on the R24 for the Game Reserve bumps in the roadsmileys/smiley1.gif

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MichelleH, looks like your thread has succumbed to the good old SA fate - its been hijacked! smileys/smiley36.gif

Hey, it's my BDay too - would love to spend it riding - the only problem is the wife is apparently putting on a nice birthday lunch for me (so I hear), so I'll have to content myself with a shorter, earlier spin around the block.

sp, did you know we were born on the same day. Where were you born?

Sigh, I'll have to keep a close eye to keep it on track ;-)<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

OK, so far we have epoh interested, Sir Fed interested, Cervelo maybe, and SBR220. I'll ask my dad if he's interested as well. Then there will be slowpoke (come along just to see her fancy new Garmin!) and me.

What would people feel like doing? I've never ridden more than 120km (only once) but I can always catch a lift in the Subaru when I'm tired. Nice route ideas?

Michelle, the trip to Magaliesburg from Fourways is ? 80km and it is really easy. Ask anyone that did it on Sunday. If you want, i can mail you our route map and profile that we took on Sunday.

Michelle, if , and as it looks like at the moment that's a BIG if, I have my new bike I'll join jyou guys!  Give me your planned distance, wanna see if I can get someone to give a second support car or sit with your hubby for the ride!

Once again, IF I get my bike!

Cycle Junkie.. Ahh okay! I know who you are.

wheelsucker!@$ It was the tandem that won the Panorama Tour so it was not just any Tandem smileys/smiley17.gif

MichelleH, I am happy with doing anything up to 160Km but it doesnt have to be that far. I dont know JHB very well, so I cant really comment on any routes. I reckon a quiet route without lots of traffic will be good. I prefer lots of climbing but for this ride I will just ride along whatever you guys decide.

O ja, if I want to, may I stop and get in the support bakkie?  160km, sjeez, that's FAAARRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

I agree ewep! No way I'm attempting 160km without backup! Although anyone who's ridden with me knows I have trouble giving up until I'm nearly dead! Oops!

I've asked the birthday girl what she would like to do (it's only polite!)

Cycle Junkie, would love map, profile, etc (will PM you).

ewep, I've offered once, I will offer again... I have a Geneses in my garage that can be borrowed if you're desperate!!

I would like 140-160 my normal sat ride is 140 i will fit in with you guys but lets make it longer than 80, it could be a training ride for the Jock to get the Ks into the legs.

hmmmm, i must just bear in mind that i mustn't let my ego get in the way of my health and wellbeing.... i'll be riding (give or take a km or two for days 3 and 4 - we're staying at a different stop on the 3rd night to where we were last year):

169km on 7/6
138km on 8/6
125km on 9/6
165km on 10/6
152km on 11/6

so either i'll cope happily with 160km on the 16th or i'll keel over and try to land in the support car sooner. thing is i dunno how much space there will be in it if i look at the above postings! smileys/smiley2.gif

120 - 140km sounds best i think

OK, 120 to 140k it is. I'll put some thought into a route and keep everyone informed...