Long ride for 16th June

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About 200km's at roughly 36km/h.

The balls in your court' date=' let me know when you are ready. Click on image to open in new window (I can see I am going to take flak for this ... Click on image to open in new window)

[/quote']

You win smileys/smiley17.gif

SirFed, i'll tke you on as long as i'm allowed to don biking gear instead of cycling gear for that challenge! smileys/smiley36.gif

SirFed' date=' i'll tke you on as long as i'm allowed to don biking gear instead of cycling gear for that challenge! Click on image to open in new window[/quote']

I'm not taking anyone on. Nice slow ride as was suggested by MichelleH and the rest (call me chicken).

Pantani, we can talk toward the end of winter, I would welcome some company.

Yeah, 4 sure!!! Rode 190km the week before Argus, then rode 194 the week after Argus... Am keen to push 200km's smileys/smiley9.gif

uploads/Pantani/images/2006-05-31_181427_CPT_5_March_2006_2_1.jpg

uploads/Pantani/images/2006-05-31_181539_CPT_14_March_2006_1_1.jpg

MichelleH, may I bring a passenger (lady) along to ride in the sweep vehicle?

Pantani, Sir Fred.. I wanna do a long ride this Sunday.. will probably push 160km. So far it is just me and one of the HiQ pro's smileys/smiley17.gif Welcome to join if you want.

Thanks epoh but I am taking this weekend off. You sure about the date, I would have thought that the HiQ guys would be at SA's.

ewep, with pleasure!

OK, just to set the record straight. We will be going for a nice slow ride, where we will wait for the backmarkers and make sure they don't get left behind.

We will probably ride 120km or so, and we may even stop for a breakfast halfway.

I may or may not have promised cake (I'm not committing myself too early!!) and my husband will drive support so we will have a sag wagon for jackets, spares, etc.

So far, we are looking at starting from West Rand, probably Hillfox or Boskruin. General plan at the moment is to head out to Magaliesberg. I will post more detail on a route once I've given it some thought!!

My vote Hillfox i am comming from the east rand parking is good and i know where it is.

I may or may not have promised cake (I'm not committing myself too early!!)

Hey, I am not coming if there is no cake smileys/smiley4.gif. In fact I want cake everytime we stop to wait for the back markers. Oh and if it's not too much trouble I would like some warm coffee to wash it down with too ... smileys/smiley36.gif.

Methinks I had better pack my own ... Now I just need to go buy one of those waterbottle flasks at Cape Union Mart to keep the coffee warm.

My vote Hillfox i am comming from the east rand parking is good and i know where it is.

MichelleH, how about the M&B across the road from Hillfox. The cars will probably be safer (although thats not garaunteed) and it can double as the breakfast spot afterwards. First one home pays for the rest! smileys/smiley2.gif

cake for what, you did that distance and more at IM, and you DID NOT HAVE CAKE THERE!!!!smileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

M+B sounds good to me,Cervelo I had to carry my own cake now we have a roving cafe by the sound of it,also pack some ham and cottage cheese, and peanut butter -jam any other requests?