BIG BIG Problem

Persona

The wet winter in Cape Town started and I'm still riding with small blocks tyres.

What will be the better choice of tyres for this winter especially for Majic Hillcrest and Jonkershoek type of riding

I see Kenda is quite a popular make but what about Maxxis

For Jonkers / Tokai I find the Specialized Captains awesome.  They also well at Hillcrest etc.

My poor roadie head is going to explode. I thought tyres are tyres, and if they have tread then thats ok.

Same question here. Don't think my Larsen Maxxiss TT's are gonna cut it in the wet.

Those tires are painful at Oak - discovered that last year when I saw grass at 45km/h. Damn it was sore.

Also need to consider some winter treads

Nevegals are good. If weight / cost is an issue you should not have any problem running non-UST Nevegals as tubeless.

I'm wondering if i should wait for the new Weirwolf from WTB... saw their insider info video on the website and they look awesome.

Those, or Conti Mountain Kings. Lauded as being the best all round tyre on the market

I bought Nevegals last week before the long weekend. Rode long flat gravel road, technical single track and some mud/wet patches and had absolutely no problem whatsoever. I would recommen these Kenda Nevegal tubeless to anyone!! I'm a happy chappy about themThumbs%20Up

I am also running tubeless Kenda Negals and used them at SANI2C adventure and they were perfect  

I got a secret..RENDEZZ...Missing link in maxxis linup..only avalable online, not in SA, but Oh sh*t its good, corners like a Highroller but fast enough for XC,  no UST, but Foldable works fine on front, below 600g, brobably near 500g Not a rear tire, but the maxxis fans, TAKE NOTE.

Any comments on the Geax Mezgal

Any good in WC general and winter specific

I am considering these for my stallion based in the vineyards!

O bother!

One recently acquired a MTB for oneself after a protracted period of roadyism. One's fat tyre cycle arrived from the purveyor with Rocket Ron tyres.

Now, my imaginary friends, do these count as "small block" tyres, or can one expect to waft merrily over the obstacles and hazards of the trail while lesser-equipped mortals flounder like flounder?

(And no, I have no idea why I posted that like a posh person. 'Cause I aren't.)

O bother!

One recently acquired a MTB for oneself after a protracted period of roadyism. One's fat tyre cycle arrived from the purveyor with Rocket Ron tyres.

Now' date=' my imaginary friends, do these count as "small block" tyres, or can one expect to waft merrily over the obstacles and hazards of the trail while lesser-equipped mortals flounder like flounder?

(And no, I have no idea why I posted that like a posh person. 'Cause I aren't.)[/quote']

At least you did it with dignity