MTB Hubs Debate

Caerus

www.evanscycles.co.uk

Got a set of Pro 4s end July for R4150 all in. arrived 3 days after paying

This, or CRC. Just got me a set of Pro 4's for about the same, all incl. Arrived on Monday after I pressed PAY on Thursday. 

And the Pro2's are about the same price. Not worth going for the pro2 over teh pro4. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This, or CRC. Just got me a set of Pro 4's for about the same, all incl. Arrived on Monday after I pressed PAY on Thursday. 

And the Pro2's are about the same price. Not worth going for the pro2 over teh pro4. 

Thanks Myles. Going to place my order today/tomorrow. 

Now the only thing left is the Chinese Carbon Hoops

Stupid question, I have a QR, what is the difference between ordering a QR and thru Axle? Is it only the end caps?

Stupid question, I have a QR, what is the difference between ordering a QR and thru Axle? Is it only the end caps?

Yes. On Hope jobs, at least. Some others (like my old DT 350's) don't have swappable end caps on the front. 

Hope & CK & i9 have them everywhere. 

Yes. On Hope jobs, at least. Some others (like my old DT 350's) don't have swappable end caps on the front. 

Hope & CK & i9 have them everywhere. 

Myles do they come with both or does one have to order seperately?

I am in 2 minds at the moment, I am due a bike upgrade early next year but wanting to build new wheels now that I can use for now on current bike and then move onto the new bike. My only issue is current setup has through axle rear and quick release front which is why I haven't built new wheels yet as am a bit nervous of building them, then rebuilding either front or rear when new bike comes along...

Myles do they come with both or does one have to order seperately?

I am in 2 minds at the moment, I am due a bike upgrade early next year but wanting to build new wheels now that I can use for now on current bike and then move onto the new bike. My only issue is current setup has through axle rear and quick release front which is why I haven't built new wheels yet as am a bit nervous of building them, then rebuilding either front or rear when new bike comes along...

You need to order adapters separately.