Holier than thou Millar

Red Zone

"makes me very sad,'' said David Millar"

Anyone getting a bit sick of this ex doper, coming out with his goody twoshoes act, he always needs to get his two cents worth in when someone goes down.

i hear what you are saying, but he will always have my respect for coming clean.  bottom line.

i am tired of the way landis and tyler have kept up the charade.

Its like when thugs find God when they are finally caught and imprisoned!! There's a good word to describe this......GRASS!!

I guess Millar is an easy "go-to-man" for the media to get a reaction to this kind of story.

He was planting trees at the time he was asked about Vino, not phoning journalists to give his opinion, he has to give a response and it's reported.

ff, easy to take your pot shots at someone you don't like by editing the quote:

Britain's most veteran Tour rider, David Millar, said: "Jesus Christ, I'm speechless. It's something that makes me very sad. Vino is - and I'll still use the present tense - one of my favourite riders out there.
"But this is terrible, if a guy of his class has done that, we may as well pack up our bags and go home." 

Millar was backed inbto a corner, and admitted to doping before they started any serious investigations, unlike, Hamilton, Landis, Ullrich, Basso, most of Amstrong's team mates, most of Amstrong's competition ext ext ext.

This makes him unique. He is possibily the only cyclist that openly admitted doping, took the rap and came back. Being English, no rather Scottish, makes him the idea spokesperson for cycling to the Anglo Saxon world.

? and didn't he get bust for a syringe that he hung on to - because of a guilty conscience and reminder of his moment of straying - for two years after he doped?

Like many of our sporting heroes I believe Millar spent little time in the UK and grew up in Malta and Hong Kong.  A little more British than Zola Budd I s'pose.

Millar was backed inbto a corner' date=' and admitted to doping before they started any serious investigations, unlike, Hamilton, Landis, Ullrich, Basso, most of Amstrong's team mates, most of Amstrong's competition ext ext ext.
This makes him unique. He is possibily the only cyclist that openly admitted doping, took the rap and came back. Being English, no rather Scottish, makes him the idea spokesperson for cycling to the Anglo Saxon world.[/quote']

So did Zabel, Riis and many other so he is not so special any more.

Millar was backed inbto a corner' date=' and admitted to doping before they started any serious investigations, unlike, Hamilton, Landis, Ullrich, Basso, most of Amstrong's team mates, most of Amstrong's competition ext ext ext.
This makes him unique. He is possibily the only cyclist that openly admitted doping, took the rap and came back. Being English, no rather Scottish, makes him the idea spokesperson for cycling to the Anglo Saxon world.[/quote']

So did Zabel, Riis and many other so he is not so special any more.

A big difference is that Zabel and Riis were not backed into a corner and facing arrest and then broke down like little girls and confessed, unlike Millar who was arrested before coming clean. Millar is a t****r who now has a lot to say, I'll go with Joss and give more credence to Zabel and Riis

Like many of our sporting heroes I believe Millar spent little time in the UK and grew up in Malta and Hong Kong.  A little more British than Zola Budd I s'pose.

...or Max Sciandri, Kevin Pieterson, Adam Hollioake, Mike Catt etcetcetcetcetc???